Configuration For The Expansion Of The North Stand - Seating - Standing - Season Ticket & Match Day Ticket Prices

I like digging. Thoughts come into my head and I have to try and find the answer.

Home end seating configurations at other PL grounds.

Spurs new stadium.

Populous was tasked by Tottenham Hotspur Chairman, Daniel Levy, to create a stadium that would surpass the noise levels of the club’s former home, White Hart Lane. In response, the design of the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium goes above and beyond to cultivate an extraordinary sense of place, belonging, and atmosphere.

“Daniel was obsessed with what the atmosphere was going to be like,” explains Tom Jones, Lead Architect. “White Hart Lane was known as having one of the best atmospheres in the Premier League and he didn’t want to lose that.”

In researching the stadium design, Mr Levy and Populous Managing Director Christopher Lee travelled the world, visiting hundreds of sports grounds. Those that most impressed with their atmosphere had a common feature: large, uninterrupted swathes of 'general admission seating' where the most passionate fans came together to sing and chant.

What was the remit to Populous from City? What exactly did City want the NSL2 to offer AND TO BE?

Your 'designed by committee to please everyone' jibe. Which is why I said that one, in the last paragraph.

The rest, I just asked which you would prefer ffs, given you compared the two.

Fwiw, I think even the worst imaginable version of the north stand (and you guys have some imagination!) is still a massive improvement on the existing north stand, and a significant improvement on the south stand. Would you rather they didn't build it? Replicated the south stand? They are valid questions, when people go on rubbishing it.

I don't think it will be as bad as people are so intent on imagining, but let's say you are right, what would you prefer?

How is that a jibe and how is it all ‘bollocks’?

The reason it feels like design by committee to please everyone is because it includes so many different elements like I said - premium seats, family stand, standard seating, safe standing, sky bar. It’s a right mish mash of elements.

Genuinely going to be scared to post any opinions now.

I do like digging. Thoughts come into my head and I have to try and find the answer.

Spurs new stadium.

Populous was tasked by Tottenham Hotspur Chairman, Daniel Levy, to create a stadium that would surpass the noise levels of the club’s former home, White Hart Lane. In response, the design of the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium goes above and beyond to cultivate an extraordinary sense of place, belonging, and atmosphere.

“Daniel was obsessed with what the atmosphere was going to be like,” explains Tom Jones, Lead Architect. “White Hart Lane was known as having one of the best atmospheres in the Premier League and he didn’t want to lose that.”

In researching the stadium design, Mr Levy and Populous Managing Director Christopher Lee travelled the world, visiting hundreds of sports grounds. Those that most impressed with their atmosphere had a common feature: large, uninterrupted swathes of general admission seating where the most passionate fans came together to sing and chant.

So what was the remit to Populous from City? What exactly did City want the NSL2 to offer. What was the most important thing/s to City that the new NS/L2 offered?

Give us a designed by committe piece of crap, apparently.

But, joking aside, c'mon, you do know the answer. You have read the statements, and what the club have been saying. They are clearly intent on providing an an atmospheric end, and have based the whole thing around that.

Just because a group of people have a very prescriptive take on what that needs to be, doesn't mean the club don't want the same thing. Or that they don't know how to deliver it.

Last edited:
I like digging. Thoughts come into my head and I have to try and find the answer.

Spurs new stadium.

In researching the stadium design, Mr Levy and Populous Managing Director Christopher Lee travelled the world, visiting hundreds of sports grounds. Those that most impressed with their atmosphere had a common feature: large, uninterrupted swathes of 'general admission seating' where the most passionate fans came together to sing and chant.

What was the remit to Populous from City? What exactly did City want the NSL2 to offer AND TO BE?

Tom Jones and Christopher Lee were involved?

Impressive.

How is that a jibe and how is it all ‘bollocks’?

The reason it feels like design by committee to please everyone is because it includes so many different elements like I said - premium seats, family stand, standard seating, safe standing, sky bar. It’s a right mish mash of elements.

Genuinely going to be scared to post any opinions now.

The way it was worded was a jibe, and unless the club are that daft to hinge a 300m development on a design by committee, it was obviously (you added the all) bollocks. Besides ALL stands around the ground have a mix of the things you note, bar the sky bar being a different format of hospitality elsewhere, so it is nothing controversial.

But I do appreciate the gesture of you editing your post, not that I took anything to heart from a bit of an overreaction btw. It will happen to me at some point too no doubt, all fine there.

The rest of your post, I though had an apt comparison. My which would you prefer queation, was honest.

We’re going to end up a singing section with a terrible view of the game low behind the goal in SSL1 or another one right at the back of NSL2. They will barely be able to hear each other.

I think I’ll be staying in SSL3. Hopefully move a bit closer to the away fans from where I am now.
Although from where I park/walk back to get in my car logic would say move to the NS I'm more than happy in a shoddy finished SS3 near the away fans....95% chance I'll stay where I am.

I suspect most of SS3 won't want to move.

The way it was worded was a jibe, and unless the club are that daft to hinge a 300m development on a design by committee, it was obviously (you added the all) bollocks. Besides ALL stands around the ground have a mix of the things you note, bar the sky bar being a different format of hospitality elsewhere, so it is nothing controversial.

But I do appreciate you editing your post, not that I took anything to heart from a bit of an overreaction. It will happen to me at some point too no doubt, all fine there.

The rest of your post, I though had an apt comparison. My which would you prefer queation, was honest.

It wasn’t and I still have no idea how.

4uw8z8siflfd1.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.