Configuration For The Expansion Of The North Stand - Seating - Standing - Season Ticket & Match Day Ticket Prices

Show me where it says in the PA that financial gain is the primary driving factor, happy to bow to it. Even the last press statement by the club sais they share the fans ambition for an atmospheric end.

We will end up going round in circles though.

And doesn't sound like we (as the two groups you mention, not you and me personally) will ever agree, till it is built at least.

Which is fine, but when it is based on unknowns, which it is, it is fair game.

Come on, the club aren't going to put that in the PA. Please! You know as well as I do the driving factor across the stadium is increasing match day revenue. It has been for years. Everything else is 2nd. If you are continually going to not give ground, not accept other peoples opinions, and take the clubs side continually, then there's not point in conversing with you.(as Hellocity has stated) I've stated the club want to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad, THERE YOU GO I'VE STATED IT AGAIN, but I genuinely don't believe that was the clubs main priority when designing and configuring the new NS. I can't be anymore honest than that in my thoughts.

Anyway. Some positive pricing for Fulham.

Block 313. away end, SSL3.

£30.00 Over 65 £25.00 18 to 21 £25.00 Under 18 £18.00

Ticket prices for remaining seats in other blocks in the ends are comparable and higher.

£30.00 £51.00Over 65 £25.00 £33.00 18 to 2 1£25.00 £33.00 Under 18 £18.00 £23.00

No it's not. That take is from the PA, the press releases, and the snippets from the NDA meetings, which haven't all been posted on here.

I could turn that around and say there are certain forum members who see no wrong at all in what the club are proposing for the new NSL2 home end, and are more than happy to go long with it, without questioning the club. No usernames.

I see two groups, one who seem determined to slam the club regardless of not having enough solid information yet and the others who are happy to wait and see. Not that there's anything wrong with pushing the club to try and get the best result (whatever that may be), but some of the bile has been nauseating.

That could have been an option. That option was probably discussed by the club as well. But that would have definitely played into the hands that the club didn't want to create an atmospheric home end. It's fair to say the club have found a compromise with 3000 rail seats at the back of NSL2.

Where's this info on 3,000 rail seats come from?

I'm just skipping to the last page of certain threads at the moment so have possibly (probably) missed lots, so apologies if it's something that's been done over previously. I don't think I've even watched highlights of any game this season so far.

I need to be careful here. :-/

The South stand is full of singers, people who sing every now and again, and people who don't sing at all.

It's impossible to get a large enough group of singers together on SSL1 because people have season tickets and the club rightly won't move those people to get a large enough group of singers together.

The NS expansion, especially NSL2, is the clubs last chance to get a large group of singers together.

It's up to the club to make that happen, and to market a dedicated singing section on NSL2 properly by involving the fans and fan groups in that process. Which I'm not convinced they will.

The crackdown by the club on people, mainly the youth, going into block 115 has had an effect on the current atmosphere.

The club will argue those people shouldn't be in 115 as it was over crowded and the stairs were being blocked.

But what it does show is the demand from the fans to be in 115, which is perceived as the official singing block by the fans.
Official singing block you say....when did this start ?

Worst location in the stadium for acoustics.

Shift the away fans down there and relocate City fans upto SS2/3 where they can make a right racket above the away fans.

Why? Having compared the two, would you prefer a recreation of the south stand?

It was a needless and ridiculous jibe you included, more than happy to point that out.

Yet the text that you posted stated that the best atmosphere came from areas with large swathes of general admission seating.

Anyway, from the info we so far have, it seems a decent compromise to me. Minimum of 3000 standing and if demand is there, that will increase. Absolutely nothing stopping those in seats participating or instigating singing/chanting equally as much as those standing. I see nothing that would stop the NS from being able to create a good atmosphere.

Ultimately it's up to the fans. They can stand/sit in silence or they can stand/sit and make a racket.
A voice of reason...

Yet the text that you posted stated that the best atmosphere came from areas with large swathes of general admission seating.

Anyway, from the info we so far have, it seems a decent compromise to me. Minimum of 3000 standing and if demand is there, that will increase. Absolutely nothing stopping those in seats participating or instigating singing/chanting equally as much as those standing. I see nothing that would stop the NS from being able to create a good atmosphere.

Ultimately it's up to the fans. They can stand/sit in silence or they can stand/sit and make a racket.

That's what Daniel Levy and Christopher Lee and experienced and thought. I only posted it.

Those that most impressed with their atmosphere had a common feature: large, uninterrupted swathes of 'general admission seating' where the most passionate fans came together to sing and chant.

By general admission seating, I'm assuming they mean current safe standing seating? And previous normal seating areas where fans stood and sang, even though it was against ground regulations and the law at the time.

We all know general admission standing and seating, as it used to be, and now safe standing seating, were behind the goals as a rule. Obviously at MR it was different with the old Kippax being along the side of the pitch. At the Etihad it used to be in blocks 111 and 110 in the corner of ESL1, until SSL1 was made the official singing section by the club. Block 115 to be precise

As I've stated, and as you've rightly pointed out, the 3000 safe standing seats are a compromise by the club. I'll give the club that. I'm not going to argue that point. It's now up to the club to hopefully turn those 3000 safe standing seats into a proper and atmospheric singing section. How the club do that is up to the them.

Right! I'm off a brew and a mince pie. :-) There's more to life than discussing NSL2. Especially when you're on holiday.

Last edited:
I think there needs to be some middle ground here. There are posters who have thrown in the towel on this project, at a time when it's best to take action and try and improve things. There are others too, who are far too trusting in the club's incentives.

We can't wait and see what happens, that will be too late. I completely appreciate 1894 will have first heard about this and had dreams of a 7,000 single tier safe standing expansion where they'd make a racket and we'd have the best atmosphere in the country by a mile. Sign me up for that. However, it's got to be balanced. There are other fans to consider. There are other demographics to consider. And behind all of this is the driving force - increasing revenue. None of it happens if the numbers don't work on the spreadsheet.

But one thing I would highlight, particularly based on some of your posts @jrb is that the 3,000 safe standing "seats" could be increase - the club have stated as much. It all depends on interest.

You've highlighted a number of issues and there could be a number of fans thinking "I don't want to sit in front of a bunch of people standing all game" and look to move. So the 3,000 could become 4,000 or 5,000. It depends on who is interested in moving over there when more information on ticketing/relocating becomes available.

But in the meantime it's certainly worthwhile for 1894 to try and liaise with the club and make some suggestions, because it will be the best area to create an atmosphere. I think there are compromises that are far worse elsewhere personally. You've got the positive of being next to the away fans, but in small numbers, at the front of the SS and separated from other vocal areas. At least being together, makes the noise work from the offset. And I'd expect the club would see more people looking to move into it to create noise if that's the starting point, and equally seeing plenty move out looking for some peace and quiet. With a good section of U21 (should be 18-25) in there, the future could be bright as well.

Come on, the club aren't going to put that in the PA. Please! You know as well as I do the driving factor across the stadium is increasing match day revenue. It has been for years. Everything else is 2nd. If you are continually going to not give ground, not accept other peoples opinions, and take the clubs side continually, then there's not point in conversing with you.(as Hellocity has stated) I've stated the club want to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad, THERE YOU GO I'VE STATED IT AGAIN, but I genuinely don't believe that was the clubs main priority when designing and configuring the new NS. I can't be anymore honest than that in my thoughts.

Anyway. Some positive pricing for Fulham.

Block 313. away end, SSL3.

£30.00 Over 65 £25.00 18 to 21 £25.00 Under 18 £18.00

Ticket prices for remaining seats in other blocks in the ends are comparable and higher.

£30.00 £51.00Over 65 £25.00 £33.00 18 to 2 1£25.00 £33.00 Under 18 £18.00 £23.00

Of course they want to increase revenue! Never argued that. Not at the expense of the atmosphere though, that is what it hinges on.

You claimed it as published fact that it is their main driver, when that is conjecture, logical or not.

There can't imo be as much distance between that and what comes 'second' though, otherwise they Would have just replicated the south stand, got in more seats, more hospitality, less structural ballache and expense, and not gone for the single tier approach which is far far more complex and pricey. Clearly, atmosphere is at least a comparable driver there, wortht of mentioning.

They might arse it up with poor allocation and pricing. I always accept that. I don't think they set out to though, as a few suggest.

I think that characterisation is quite unfair btw.

As an aside, I find the underlying implied premise that a lot of these arguements are based on quite uncomfortable. Which is that some fans are better than others. Be that younger vs older, able vs ambulant, GA+ vs GA, singers vs might sings, etc. The stand ultimately IS designed for a whole range, and that should surely be a good thing, rather than it being taileored to and reliant on one specific group.

If you want me to add or take anything away from the title I will do it. Just let me know.

Here’s the recap and link about the NS Configuration from the City OS. If anyone wants to read it it again?

Is it possible to prebook the religious rooms?

I see two groups, one who seem determined to slam the club regardless of not having enough solid information yet and the others who are happy to wait and see. Not that there's anything wrong with pushing the club to try and get the best result (whatever that may be), but some of the bile has been nauseating.

Where's this info on 3,000 rail seats come from?

I'm just skipping to the last page of certain threads at the moment so have possibly (probably) missed lots, so apologies if it's something that's been done over previously. I don't think I've even watched highlights of any game this season so far.

The club statement adding 3000 rails in reponse to the consultations with the groups is on page 2 fyi.

I think there needs to be some middle ground here. There are posters who have thrown in the towel on this project, at a time when it's best to take action and try and improve things. There are others too, who are far too trusting in the club's incentives.

We can't wait and see what happens, that will be too late. I completely appreciate 1894 will have first heard about this and had dreams of a 7,000 single tier safe standing expansion where they'd make a racket and we'd have the best atmosphere in the country by a mile. Sign me up for that. However, it's got to be balanced. There are other fans to consider. There are other demographics to consider. And behind all of this is the driving force - increasing revenue. None of it happens if the numbers don't work on the spreadsheet.

But one thing I would highlight, particularly based on some of your posts @jrb is that the 3,000 safe standing "seats" could be increase - the club have stated as much. It all depends on interest.

You've highlighted a number of issues and there could be a number of fans thinking "I don't want to sit in front of a bunch of people standing all game" and look to move. So the 3,000 could become 4,000 or 5,000. It depends on who is interested in moving over there when more information on ticketing/relocating becomes available.

But in the meantime it's certainly worthwhile for 1894 to try and liaise with the club and make some suggestions, because it will be the best area to create an atmosphere. I think there are compromises that are far worse elsewhere personally. You've got the positive of being next to the away fans, but in small numbers, at the front of the SS and separated from other vocal areas. At least being together, makes the noise work from the offset. And I'd expect the club would see more people looking to move into it to create noise if that's the starting point, and equally seeing plenty move out looking for some peace and quiet. With a good section of U21 (should be 18-25) in there, the future could be bright as well.

Good post Supercity.

For the 3000 capacity safe standing section to be expanded if the demand is there, season tickets will have to be sold there first. If the club start selling season tickets in the 5000 seated areas as well, the safe standing section can't be expanded past the initial 3000 seats, as it then goes into the 5000 seated areas, and impacts those seats.

We also don't know if the 3000 safe stands seats are going to be all season tickets, or a mixture of season tickets and match day tickets. If they are a mixture of safe standing season tickets and safe standing match day seats, the club won't know if the safe standing section has sold out until all the safe standing matchday tickets have sold out.

I do apologise. I don't understand how the club can expand the initial 3000 safe standing seats without it impacting on the 5000 normal seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.