Configuration For The Expansion Of The North Stand - Seating - Standing - Season Ticket & Match Day Ticket Prices

Can they also point to an individual away fan and gesture that they can both have it outside?

I don’t own any SI or CP but it is great seeing away fans gutted when we’re mullering them and I hate the term banter but the back and forth between fans is amusing. I saw a City fan lose it at half time v Arsenal. And I also saw how devastated the Arsenal fans when we got our last minute equaliser. The game is about emotions and only seeing it from one side you only get half the picture.

Last edited:
I like digging. Thoughts come into my head and I have to try and find the answer.

Home end seating configurations at other PL grounds.

Spurs new stadium.

Populous was tasked by Tottenham Hotspur Chairman, Daniel Levy, to create a stadium that would surpass the noise levels of the club’s former home, White Hart Lane. In response, the design of the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium goes above and beyond to cultivate an extraordinary sense of place, belonging, and atmosphere.

“Daniel was obsessed with what the atmosphere was going to be like,” explains Tom Jones, Lead Architect. “White Hart Lane was known as having one of the best atmospheres in the Premier League and he didn’t want to lose that.”

In researching the stadium design, Mr Levy and Populous Managing Director Christopher Lee travelled the world, visiting hundreds of sports grounds. Those that most impressed with their atmosphere had a common feature: large, uninterrupted swathes of 'general admission seating' where the most passionate fans came together to sing and chant.

What was the remit to Populous from City? What exactly did City want the NSL2 to offer AND TO BE?

Spurs fans were moaning a lot when the prices came out for the middle of their ‘Kop’ end. Some fans in the middle of that stand are paying silly money for the privilege.

Give us a please everyone designed by committee piece of crap, apparently.

But, joking aside, c'mon, you do know the answer. You have read the statements, and what the club have been saying. They are clearly intent on providing an an atmospheric end, snd have based the whole thing around that.

Just because a group pf people have a very prescriptive take on what that needs to be, doesn't mean the club don't want the same thing. Or that they don't know how to deliver it.
From the PA, the NDA meetings, and the press releases, it's evident and clear that match day revenue was at the forefront of the clubs thinking. Creating a genuine and atmospheric home end came after that. Obviously that point can be argued, but I think it's fair to say that is evident from what we know.

BTW, I've never said City don't want to try to improve the atmosphere inside the Etihad. :-)

Do you work for the club in some capacity, Coatigan? ;-)

From the PA, the NDA meetings, and the press releases, it's evident and clear that match day revenue was at the forefront of the clubs thinking. Creating a genuine and atmospheric home end came after that. Obviously that point can be argued, but I think it's fair to say that is evident from what we know.

BTW, I've never said City don't want to try to improve the atmosphere inside the Etihad. :-)

Do you work for the club in some capacity, Coatigan? ;-)

I disagree. That is a take by a small group, based mostly on idle speculation, and I think it is misplaced.

I'm not alone in thinking that, obviously.

No I don’t pal, nor with anyone involved in this either, just have a different opinion. And an ability to irritate, seemingly, by challenging what I think are loose claims.

Spurs fans were moaning a lot when the prices came out for the middle of their ‘Kop’ end. Some fans in the middle of that stand are paying silly money for the privilege.

Unfortunately for London football fans they do pay more for match tickets as a rule. And knowing Daniel Levy like we do, that isn't a surprise.

Let's see what the season tickets and match day tickets prices are in the new North stand. I doubt very much they will be cheaper or different to other comparable parts of the ground.

We've already got an idea that new season tickets maybe Flexi Gold only. Not that we need to discuss that again.

Until the club goes public on season ticket prices and match day ticket prices, we will continue to discuss both.

In researching the stadium design, Mr Levy and Populous Managing Director Christopher Lee travelled the world, visiting hundreds of sports grounds. Those that most impressed with their atmosphere had a common feature: large, uninterrupted swathes of 'general admission seating' where the most passionate fans came together to sing and chant.
Maybe we should have gone all seating, rather than including some safe standing then ;-)

I disagree. That is a take by a small group, based mostly on idle speculation, and I think it is misplaced.

I'm not alone in thinking that, obviously.

No I don’t pal, nor with anyone involved in this either, just have a different opinion. And an ability to irritate, seemingly, by challenging what I think are loose claims.
No it's not. That take is from the PA, the press releases, and the snippets from the NDA meetings, which haven't all been posted on here.

I could turn that around and say there are certain forum members who see no wrong at all in what the club are proposing for the new NSL2 home end, and are more than happy to go long with it, without questioning the club. No usernames.

Maybe we should have gone all seating, rather than including some safe standing then ;-)

That could have been an option. That option was probably discussed by the club as well. But that would have definitely played into the hands that the club didn't want to create an atmospheric home end. It's fair to say the club have found a compromise with 3000 rail seats at the back of NSL2.

No it's not. That take is from the PA, the press releases, and the snippets from the NDA meetings, which haven't all been posted on here.

I could turn that around and say there are certain forum members who see no wrong at all in what the club are proposing for the new NSL2 home end, and are more than happy to go long with it, without questioning the club. No usernames.

Show me where it says in the PA that financial gain is the primary driving factor, happy to bow to it. Even the last press statement by the club sais they share the fans ambition for an atmospheric end.

We will end up going round in circles though.

And doesn't sound like we (as the two groups you mention, not you and me personally) will ever agree, till it is built at least.

Which is fine, but when it is based on unknowns, which it is, it is fair game.

That could have been an option. That option was probably discussed by the club as well. But that would have definitely played into the hands that the club didn't want to create an atmospheric home end. It's fair to say the club have found a compromise with 3000 rail seats at the back of NSL2.
Yet the text that you posted stated that the best atmosphere came from areas with large swathes of general admission seating.

Anyway, from the info we so far have, it seems a decent compromise to me. Minimum of 3000 standing and if demand is there, that will increase. Absolutely nothing stopping those in seats participating or instigating singing/chanting equally as much as those standing. I see nothing that would stop the NS from being able to create a good atmosphere.

Ultimately it's up to the fans. They can stand/sit in silence or they can stand/sit and make a racket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.