Corinthians make 35 million bid for tevez (MERGED)

Re: Corinthians make 35 million bid for tevez

BlueCityfan said:
Breaking news: Carlos Tevez's agent Kia Joorabchian has revealed that he is already in talks with Cortinthians about a move for the Manchester City star, and he insists a deal is 'close' to being done.

Yes! 40m pounds for Tevez and he is theirs!

Wahey! =D

If they really think we would just loan Tevez to them I think they must be naive.

avoidconfusion said:
If they really think we would just loan Tevez to them I think they must be naive.

We wont...it's a 40m deal. They know we wouldn't accept anything less let alone a loan!

No more loans thatS why we are In this mess.

Re: £35 Million bid from Corinthians for Tevez

Even if we sell for 35 mill, which is cheap imho but may be tempting as not selling to one of our rivals, i hope we have a massive % of the next sale put in the clause also as in a year or 2 he will want to move again and say then he did a 30 million move to Real or Chelsea, we should have a 30-40% of sale clause as part of letting him go for as little as 35 mill

Can we loan him to a face transplant surgeon?

BlueCityfan said:
avoidconfusion said:

We wont...it's a 40m deal. They know we wouldn't accept anything less let alone a loan!

You seem very sure that Joorabchian and Corinthians aren't trying it on.

avoidconfusion said:
Sky is saying they made a 40m bid:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7032942,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 42,00.html</a>
A direct quote in there.....

Carlos Tevez says he would be happy to return to Corinthians after the Brazilian club tabled a £40million offer for the Manchester City striker.

Tevez, dropped for Argentina's 3-0 Copa America win over Costa Rica on Monday, declared earlier this month that he wished to leave City for the sake of his family.

With none of Europe's leading clubs apparently interested in spending the £50million City suggested was the fee they would expect for their captain, it was starting to look like Tevez might spend next season at the renamed Etihad Stadium after all.

However, now has come news of Corinthians' interest with Tevez telling Telefe: "If there is interest, I don't have any problem in returning to Corinthians."

"If there is interest, I don't have any problem in returning to Corinthians."

Carlos Tevez

Tevez used to play for the Brazilian outfit before heading to West Ham five years ago - the start of a turbulent spell in England that has also involved two seasons at both Manchester clubs.

It is thought the massive transfer fee, almost treble the club record £13.7million that got him to the club in 2005, would be funded through sponsorship and money from a new TV rights deal in Brazil.

The director of Corinthians, Duilio Montero said: "We have the intension and we will work hard for aming the dream come true".

If the full transfer fee materialises, it would surely prove attractive to City owner Sheikh Mansour.

City are currently in the United States for a three-match tour that forms part of their build-up to a new season. Some senior players have already expressed their dissatisfaction with Tevez's status as captain, requesting Vincent Kompany is handed the job instead.

Yet Tevez remains a key figure in the City line-up. His 20 Premier League goals last term secured him a share of the Golden Boot prize and, without the combustible South American, manager Roberto Mancini would have to act fast to bring in reinforcements.

Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero has been mentioned as one such alternative, although he would probably cost just as much as City would receive for Tevez

BlueCityfan said:
avoidconfusion said:

Duncan from the Times tweeted quotes from the director of Corinthians saying it is a loan offer because they won't pay that much to buy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/#!/DuncanCastles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/#!/DuncanCastles</a>

Corinthians pretty clear on Tevez: 'It would be a loan. We're not going to buy, these prices ​​are absurd.'

Re: £35 Million bid from Corinthians for Tevez

hertsblue said:
Even if we sell for 35 mill, which is cheap imho but may be tempting as not selling to one of our rivals, i hope we have a massive % of the next sale put in the clause also as in a year or 2 he will want to move again and say then he did a 30 million move to Real or Chelsea, we should have a 30-40% of sale clause as part of letting him go for as little as 35 mill
I don't know, I never doubted his reasons for leaving - his kids - and if he goes to South America he is justifying those reasons I guess. Unless he was willing to piss off Mrs Tevez again, I can't see him coming back over to europe. He has played the game well, if this move pans out and he settles into life back on his home continent. He obviously came to West Ham for the money, United too and then most notebly us. He has amassed a fortune which we can't really imagine, and will now go 'home' to do what he enjoys doing, adding to that fortune safe in the knowledge he can retire at 30 if he so desires, never needing to work again. Add to that a PL, a CL with United, legend status at West Ham and an FA Cup and legend status here, (for me he is anyway), he's done alright hasn't he?! As I say, only if this move pans out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.