Corinthians make 35 million bid for tevez (MERGED)

City will play hard ball with any players who want out that they believe strongly are required players.

In the case of Tevez unless we get a suitable replacement in first and our valuation of him is met he will not be going anywhere.

It would be naive of us in our position we now find ourselves in to let a required player of his ilk go without any guarantees coming the other way and I suggest that at best that has what Tevez has been told and was told in January.

Can't see corinthians getting the money together to buy tevez, just my opinion, but i think the best deal that will arise will be a player plus cash deal with either inter or real madrid.

Last day of the transfer window if at all with Kia dragging Carlos through the mud to try and force City's hand - IF he can find a club willing to make a bid.

Kia may well reflect that his own conduct is diminishing the value of his asset

If Corinthians comes up short, let's say $5mil below our asking price, why doesn't Carlos pay that himself? I'm sure he has that kind of money, and it's only fair that he gets to buy himself free from the contract he has with us.

I'm really glad the Brazilian window closes in nine days.

Eags said:
Why not explore this TV payments deal......I think we all agree that for him to go back to Corinthians( and stay there) is the preferred destination.

I think Kia-unt said that they get 50 odd million from TV per year,so 20 to 25 % of that is 10 to 12.5 million per year....now lets say we said Ok but for waiting we want 4 years guaranteeing at 12.5 million per year min, but its 25% of whatever you get......so when your TV money increases because you've got Tevez we get to share in the spoils.....we might find that we end up getting 60 over 4 years and the guarantee that we aren't strengthening a rival.....just a thought anyway.....cos I certainly don't think anyones gonna stump up the 50 upfront.......

Thoughts...??
Why should City be the ones to take on the risk though? If Corinthians are serious, they can go to one of Brazil's banks and offer them the same terms they're offering us. If these funds are such a concrete certainty the bank will have no issue in using them as collateral and we can get our money up front.

Something very, very fishy is going on.

Dubai Blue said:
Eags said:
Why not explore this TV payments deal......I think we all agree that for him to go back to Corinthians( and stay there) is the preferred destination.

I think Kia-unt said that they get 50 odd million from TV per year,so 20 to 25 % of that is 10 to 12.5 million per year....now lets say we said Ok but for waiting we want 4 years guaranteeing at 12.5 million per year min, but its 25% of whatever you get......so when your TV money increases because you've got Tevez we get to share in the spoils.....we might find that we end up getting 60 over 4 years and the guarantee that we aren't strengthening a rival.....just a thought anyway.....cos I certainly don't think anyones gonna stump up the 50 upfront.......

Thoughts...??
Why should City be the ones to take on the risk though? If Corinthians are serious, they can go to one of Brazil's banks and offer them the same terms they're offering us. If these funds are such a concrete certainty the bank will have no issue in using them as collateral and we can get our money up front.

The day we take credit from a Brazilian club, City will have taken leave of its sense.

Cash now or we keep Carlos.

Seems pretty obvious that kia tevezs agent is trying to lure the likes of real and other big clubs into make a bid and is using his links with corinthians to get an offer in.i can still see tevez being at city at the start of the season the question is will city buy a replacement before the inevitable happens?.

Blue Haze said:
Dubai Blue said:
Eags said:

Thoughts...??

The day we take credit from a Brazilian club, City will have taken leave of its sense.

Cash now or we keep Carlos.

Corinthians cannot go to the bank as they have no assets to borrow money against, no bank will borrow them money as they also have massive debts. if any deals comes from brazil then kia and msi will be the majority stakeholder in tevez, as this is allowed in brazil

The problem with keeping tevez is that he isn't going to look interested if he stays, and will probs be shit. Can't afford that in all honesty especially with the CL.

Should have accepted the big and added 10m to get Aguero who would b far better than keeping tevez for another season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.