Corners

Actual corner count without scoring in all comps is 227, absolute embarrassment to any professional football club.

We have earned more corners than any other team, average about 8 a game and conceded less approx. 4 a game.

cookster said:
Actual corner count without scoring in all comps is 227, absolute embarrassment to any professional football club.

We have earned more corners than any other team, average about 8 a game and conceded less approx. 4 a game.
Wonder how many in swingers is in that 227

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
You're welcome, mate. If you can hold of it, take a look at Spurs' first against the Arse yesterday. Dembele (who was otherwise pretty poor) makes a diagonal run to the near post. The corner is put in just above head height. Dembele flicks it back over, the way you should, just to see what happens. Not complicated. Complete chaos in the Arse defence, Kane comes in from somewhere beyond the far post and, cool as you like, slots it home. A goal worthy of Aguero at his best. I'd like Pellegrini to show them that on Monday.

Just seen it now, absolute pathetic how Arsenal completely forgot about Kane, but even if Kane had been marked there can always be another player unmarked who can get the lose ball. Like you say, that was a well worked corner that resulted in a goal.

I'd like Pellegrini to show the players the second Kane goal en'all, but not going to happen as he appears to be stubborn in not wanting the players to play basic football.

Maybe we should hire Pulis as a consultant, just on corners. WBA just scored 2 in 1 game....

It makes you wonder what they do all week surely practicing the taking and defending of set pieces is one the most obvious areas that the team need to work on

Cherry tree blue said:
It makes you wonder what they do all week surely practicing the taking and defending of set pieces is one the most obvious areas that the team need to work on

I am sure we do practice corners but clearly we need more.
There are two basic flaws with our efforts, not managing to get past the first defender and the ball ending up to hear to the keeper.
If the majority of our corners were at least in the danger area, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

How long do you think it would take as a minimum to take a corner and let the move complete - i.e. a goal or whatever and then retrieve the ball and return it for another corner?

If we could do 1 corner every 20 seconds or so, that would mean our 227 = over 90 minutes, i.e. one full game of just doing corners, without scoring.

It would be funny if it wasn't so utterly pathetic.

First basic of the corners - right leg player takes left side corners, left leg player takes right side corners (unless he is Silva, he shouldn't take it ever). We fail even there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.