coronation street tonight

TCIB said:
StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
TCIB said:
Debbie in emmerdale for a starters, fucking useless.
She's fit though

Fair enough that is, she is very pretty.
I'd hate fuck her arse so hard :D
Been staying at my sisters and so I end up watchin telly with her. I noticed she had an awesome backend for such a thin lass. Just my type actually. doubt I'm hers though!

pop.gif

TCIB said:
She's fit though

Fair enough that is, she is very pretty.
I'd hate fuck her arse so hard :D
Been staying at my sisters and so I end up watchin telly with her. I noticed she had an awesome backend for such a thin lass. Just my type actually. doubt I'm hers though!

Hmm, never noticed my sisters backend. I'm going out for dinner with her tonight, I'll let you know if it's awesome.

Looks like I was beaten to the punch ;)

I had to double check I wasn't on a Plymouth or Stoke forum!

Sister raping ..... rohypnol ...... white man is honesterer etc

I might need pics actually Barcon. of your sisters backend, pm me if you don't want these dirty bastards on here leching over her

I had to double check wasn't on a Plymouth or Stoke forum!

Sister raping ..... rohypnol ......

I might need pics actually Barcon. of your sisters backend, pm me if you don't want these dirty bastards on here leching over her

I'll see what I can do mate.

"The inference is that being a white man is being honest and virtuous. Whilst being non-white has connotations of being disingenious or underhand."

Utter f*cking drivel, it has f*ck all to do with race and never has .

"Play the white man" goes back to the film industries standard of the goodies always had the white hat and outfit while the baddie was in black with a black hat, they were always the honest & virtuous one, just as calling someone a "Black hat" meant they were a "Baddie", after the sat morning showings kids were running around being either "The black man", or the "White man" from the 1930s.

Go back as far as medieval times and white was purity while black was evil, so all the cinema did was mirror it, no racial slant other than in the minds of people looking to take f*cking umbridge.

blueonblue said:
"The inference is that being a white man is being honest and virtuous. Whilst being non-white has connotations of being disingenious or underhand."

"Play the white man" goes back to the film industries standard of the goodies always had the white hat and outfit while the baddie was in black with a black hat, they were always the honest & virtuous one, just as calling someone a "Black hat" meant they were a "Baddie", after the sat morning showings kids were running around being either "The black man", or the "White man" from the 1930s.

Go back as far as medieval times and white was purity while black was evil, so all the cinema did was mirror it, no racial slant other than in the minds of people looking to take f*cking umbridge.

Whatever it's origins or original meaning, which most people will be unaware off, it's clear that it has the capacity to offend. I suspect people who still use this phrase are as ignorant of it's origins as the people who would get offended by it.
It's not simply a case of people looking to be offended either. That particular line always makes me laugh, it's usually used by people making excuses, the same sort of person who gets offended by the MOBOS or complains about councils and LEA's banning nursery rhymes.

blueonblue said:

Black look, black humour, black magic, black mark, black market, black mass.
These are all terms depicting black as evil, they have nothing to do with black people.

I've not heard someone say 'play the white man' for years, it was relevant to people who grew up just before WWII watching cowboy films as blueonblue explained, but not a saying in general use today.

In many cultures white is a symbol of innocence, purity & cleanliness, not just in Western culture but also in Asian culture. It is also the symbol of evil groups of people who think that they are pure and clean.

So, we have to be careful in our use of white, light, black and dark. Gay once meant happy and jolly, it's now hardly ever used to describe a happy person (and who says that all homosexuals are happy?).

As for Corrie (not Coro), I suggest that they learn the rules of darts then they won't have to come out with ridiculous sayings that are rarely used any more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.