Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a text to book my first shot. I'm 66 with no pre existing conditions and I'm in at Clarendon Leisure Centre on Monday morning.

I'm extremely pleased with this.
I'm 67 and got a text yesterday, I've booked Saturday morning in Middlewich although live in Sandbach. Pleased to get the call and no problem with the location.

Top chart: Deaths in England only, all settings, percentage by age bracket (all under 50s lumped to one group)
Bottom chart: Same data, but not stacked to make 1, with a polynomial trendline.
(by date of death, not reporting, data up to Feb 5th)

Pick the bones out of that!! 80 to 84 and 85 to 89 coming down? over 90s probably staying constant and therefore increasing percent? that might be due to closeness to death and picking up covid in their natural decline? im speculating. hard to tell.

View attachment 10286

View attachment 10287
Interstellar overdrive!
Set the controls for the heart of the Sun!

Why?

It’ll be far safer than going to a pub, which no doubt 50% of the population will be doing as soon as the starting gun is fired. It won’t be happening until the rates are low anyway. As long as you have free cancellation, it’s no big deal.
I'll feel far safer going to a pub, initially with distancing, face masks, table service and track-and-trace, than I would with the congestion at airports and on flights with stale air in circulation.

Covid rates stayed low after pubs re-opened last July, as publicans and punters followed changing rules.

I'll feel far safer going to a pub, initially with distancing, face masks, table service and track-and-trace, than I would with the congestion at airports and on flights with stale air in circulation.

Covid rates stayed low after pubs re-opened last July, as publicans and punters followed changing rules.
You may feel safer, but anywhere indoors, sans mask (which you will need to be to eat/drink) will be dangerous in my humble opinion. Everybody makes their own choices of course, but I’ll take a small risk to do something that’s truly worthwhile. It may well be that vaccinations will change everything of course.

Unfortunately, the NW now well and truly out on its own.

Only region with a big rise today - all be it only a couple of hundred.

Out on its own above 2000 at 2125 - up 249.

London now nearly 600 behind at 1588 (up just 7) - last 3 totals have been within 21 of each other.

You may feel safer, but anywhere indoors, sans mask (which you will need to be to eat/drink) will be dangerous in my humble opinion. Everybody makes their own choices of course, but I’ll take a small risk to do something that’s truly worthwhile. It may well be that vaccinations will change everything of course.
Fair point mate.

As you say, everybody makes their own choices. Right now I'd prefer an hour listening to Old Blokes talking nonsense in a Holt pub to a trip abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.