Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, any info/data clarifying that it has only really hit the NW?

This is the map I tend to go by. its a 7 day rolling average so not the most cutting edge data, Healdplace's posts are more up to date as they are daily updates.

You can see its mostly centred around the NW ( ignoring Scotland for the moment ), Bedford does seem to be a sticky hotspot too.

But its now in most areas of the country. Id expect similar to start happening in most places. if it doesn't then its well hell of an advert for the vaccines!

1623917389129.png

It's quite unbelievable that Care Homes don't pay a suitable rate for workers when taking into account what they charge residents. My mates Dad was in one until September last year when he died at 88 years old (he'd had Covid but that wasn't the cause). He'd been in the home for many years, my mate had power of attorney over his finances and watched his bank balance reduce from 300k to less than a tenth of that. It was around 3,500 per month at the end, over 100 per day, it's a disgrace the staff are not given decent pay and conditions.
It's a disgrace what these lads and lasses have to do for just over £9 per hour, my daughters just gone on for a 12 hour shift, some of her jobs are washing dead bodies for the undertaker and cleaning an old dears teeth who's decided to eat her own mess,
Private health workers never get the respect that the NHS does and it boils my piss

It's a disgrace what these lads and lasses have to do for just over £9 per hour, my daughters just gone on for a 12 hour shift, some of her jobs are washing dead bodies for the undertaker and cleaning an old dears teeth who's decided to eat her own mess,
Private health workers never get the respect that the NHS does and it boils my piss
Business can be tough but just over £9ph for that is shocking. It's got to be partly vocational for workers like your daughter but for the love of god this needs sorting out, even £12 per hour wouldn't be great for the work they do but it would be a start. The Care Homes should be subject to a windfall tax if their profits are unreasonable compared to turnover. Anyway, we'll done to your daughter, you must be proud off her, I doff my cap.

Business can be tough but just over £9ph for that is shocking. It's got to be partly vocational for workers like your daughter but for the love of god this needs sorting out, even £12 per hour wouldn't be great for the work they do but it would be a start. The Care Homes should be subject to a windfall tax if their profits are unreasonable compared to turnover. Anyway, we'll done to your daughter, you must be proud off her, I doff my cap.
I'm very very proud of her , but the way it's all about the NHS who also do a fantastic job but are treated like premier league footballers in comparison to the army of private health works really annoys me, her friend had a bad reaction to the vaccine and was sent home they wouldn't pay her sick pay and it was them insistant she have it, that's what they put up with :+(

I'm very very proud of her , but the way it's all about the NHS who also do a fantastic job but are treated like premier league footballers in comparison to the army of private health works really annoys me, her friend had a bad reaction to the vaccine and was sent home they wouldn't pay her sick pay and it was them insistant she have it, that's what they put up with :+(
Good points well made. Part of the reason the social care workforce is treated less well than the NHS is because sector leaders are obsessed with comparing themselves with the NHS. It’s a bit like when we used to be obsessed with Utd and always ended up on our arses. IMHO it’s better to focus on improving our own lot.

This is the map I tend to go by. its a 7 day rolling average so not the most cutting edge data, Healdplace's posts are more up to date as they are daily updates.

You can see its mostly centred around the NW ( ignoring Scotland for the moment ), Bedford does seem to be a sticky hotspot too.

But its now in most areas of the country. Id expect similar to start happening in most places. if it doesn't then its well hell of an advert for the vaccines!

View attachment 19450

Ta.

Is that just Delta variant or positives of all variants (appreciate Delta is most prominent variant)?

Cannot really see London boroughs.

I wouldn't underestimate immunity levels in London. The virus ravaged the capital before the first lockdown. So much so, c300 died just in Barnet over 3 days. For that many deaths, there must have been a lot of people who had it.

Cases are certainly increasing down here. They have done since Delta became an issue. However, the growth has not been as steep as that in the NW. Just in Barnet, we have gone from around 15/100k to 40/100k in about three or four weeks.

Ta.

Is that just Delta variant or positives of all variants (appreciate Delta is most prominent variant)?

Cannot really see London boroughs.

I wouldn't underestimate immunity levels in London. The virus ravaged the capital before the first lockdown. So much so, c300 died just in Barnet over 3 days. For that many deaths, there must have been a lot of people who had it.

Cases are certainly increasing down here. They have done since Delta became an issue. However, the growth has not been as steep as that in the NW. Just in Barnet, we have gone from around 15/100k to 40/100k in about three or four weeks.
The Delta strain is responsible for 90% of cases now so it’s pretty much one and the same thing

We had carers 4 times a day to help with my dad for the last year or so of his life. New Year’s Day, I got up early 6:30ish and went round to my dads to let them in. The lad who turned up lived in Gorton and had to get 2 busses and then walk a while to get there, because his company wouldn’t pay for a taxi for him. Now I wouldn’t expect them to pay for a taxi everyday, but NYD, surely…
They get treated like crap, and the job they do is invaluable.

We had carers 4 times a day to help with my dad for the last year or so of his life. New Year’s Day, I got up early 6:30ish and went round to my dads to let them in. The lad who turned up lived in Gorton and had to get 2 busses and then walk a while to get there, because his company wouldn’t pay for a taxi for him. Now I wouldn’t expect them to pay for a taxi everyday, but NYD, surely…
They get treated like crap, and the job they do is invaluable.
Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.