Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think Pubs are anywhere near as close as the transmission currently taking place in households with the Euros. Millions of households with 5-10-20 people all mixing and drinking
Well, there is that as well, but that’s just an extension of the same problem. Loads of people crowding together inside. But my point still stands - the government are prioritising drinking over family holidays.

It doesn't, I'm afraid.

If cases catch up with vaccinations in terms of yielding immunity, that's maybe 100,000 cases daily.

Current hospitalisation rate ~5%.

5,000 hospitalisations a day.
Mostly a need for oxygen for a couple of days at which point they are discharged.

19 all settings deaths

16, 135 cases - big jump up sadly even in England. Was 9055 last Wednesday. Nearly doubled.

Highest number since 6 February.

Last edited:
21 June (Monday) by specimen date England was at its highest cases recorded in one day since 15 February.

There were 12, 765 cases in England reported today.Up 3669 in one day.

Also up from 7642 last Wednesday - a rise of 5123 in the week - biggest in one go for a good while.

Even more worrying there were almost 200,000 FEWER tests today than yesterday so a huge jump up in positivity.

Fuck all actually but you let me know when unvaccinated healthy people start suffering in large numbers. Meanwhile just wait for Boris to tell you when you next need to stay in too.
Eminent virologist are we? or just another facebook expert ?

The last I saw on this, less than 1 in 25 hospitalisations were in people who'd had 1 dose and even less for double doses.

For Delta ~10% are double dosed.

According to the agency’s latest variant technical briefing,3 as of 14 June a total of 806 people had been admitted to hospital with the delta variant of the virus—an increase of 423 since last week. Among these cases, 527 people were unvaccinated and only 84 of the 806 had received both doses.

From the BMJ

You can't infer efficacy directly from that, as there are too many confounding factors, but current central estimate (with considerable uncertainty) is 94%.

21 June (Monday) by specimen date England was at its highest cases recorded in one day since 15 February.

There were 12, 765 cases in England reported today.Up 3669 in one day.

Also up from 7642 last Wednesday - a rise of 5123 in the week - biggest in one go for a good while.

Even more worrying there were almost 200,000 FEWER tests today than yesterday so a huge jump up in positivity.
Here we go again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.