Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too and I’m close to NMGH... however I’m also close to Blackley cemetery and I’m seeing a couple of Hearst’s a day going in there.

I was at Altrincham crematorium on Wednesday for the funeral of a neighbour and it was like a conveyor belt. I was there about an hour, maybe slightly longer and there was three at least in that time. As one lot of mourners was leaving the exit the next hearse was coming around the corner to the entrance.

The wife and I had the AZ vaccine yesterday afternoon at the Etihad. Both feel awful today, woke up with aching bones and zero energy. My parents also had the jab yesterday and are totally fine today!

The set up at the tennis centre is fantastic!

The wife and I had the AZ vaccine yesterday afternoon at the Etihad. Both feel awful today, woke up with aching bones and zero energy. My parents also had the jab yesterday and are totally fine today!

I’m going today with the wife. Do you park up and go in or is it drive through like the Hyde Leisure Centre one?

Lancashire as a whole seems to be flying along, with a suggestion that all 50+ would be done by early March; obviously that may change.
I've finally heard that my parents (80 and 76) have both been done on 8/1 and 21/1 - they just didn't tell me!

Possibly off topic this but Mrs Gaz has had to self isolate for 10 days (ending tonight) due to her phone being within 2 metres of our covid positive next door neighbours overnight (through the wall were not that close to them) anyway I digress, her work have said she needs to return a negative test result in order to go back in on Monday

1) can they do this?
2) can I take her in the car to a drive in test centre?

I'm a bit pissed off as I saw the advert and booked myself in first then as my wife is in the risk group she went for it too.

My initial visit was arranged for first thing but the instructions they gave me were shit, after a 2 hour round trip drive in the dark, heavy traffic and pouring rain I couldn't gain entry and all the phones were just ringing when I was trying to figure out where to park so I oborted, left a message and set off home, 5 mins before I got back they rang, we had words but they did invite me back if I turned round there and then but I declined. If I'd have thought on I'd have rebooked myself for the following week to go with my wife however, I threw my toys out of my pram.
It’s not all been plain sailing. My daughter, 18, signed up but explained she had no car. They said no probs, we are desperate for young people, get a cab there and back. I was there the week before for my appointment and double checked this information. So she has now done 3 visits via taxi, £90 out of pocket and hasn’t been paid. They keep asking her to send more information. She lives at home, so she’s not going to starve, but £90 for some people is a lot of money to stand. I’m there next week and will be having strong words!!

It does seem that the oldies are brushing it off. My parents in their 80s were fine. NHS family members who’ve had it, in their 50s, are rough.

Yep - heard a few of these reports & maybe ties in with my doc mentioning why it covid hit me hard even though I’m a pretty fit guy.
Not read anything detailed abut it however so could be purely anecdotal, case by case/other variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.