Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specifically pubs/restaurants/festivals etc in this country.
Now the vulnerable are pretty much vaccinated and we are well on the way of jabbing a good chunk of adults ... why would a pub ask if u have been vaccinated ?

it doesnt stop u spreadung it, the NHS by then will be in an even better position ..

so.. for what benefit would a pub get by asking for proof ?
I don't know but if as they may vaccines end up preventing spread then they could decide it may help prevent a future closure if ther is an outbreak amongst staff or regular customers.
As I say I don't know but any decision will come from individual businesses not government. My question is if some decide they want them or we need them for travel then who issues them ?

plenty of people rode roughshod over government advice to fuck off over to the likes of Dubai

The fact that London/Dubai was allowed to become the busiest air route in the entire world during the 2nd wave, whilst travel was supposedly limited to "essential", is amongst the most egregious failures of UK COVID response.

Zoe App update: Says cases down from 4918 by 137 to 4781.

And that the number of people with Covid in UK Now is 72, 598 - down 652 on yesterday.

This number of people with Covid has fallen day after day for weeks now.

The fact that London/Dubai was allowed to become the busiest air route in the entire world during the 2nd wave, whilst travel was supposedly limited to "essential", is amongst the most egregious failures of UK COVID response.
I agree with you

https://apple.news/AUMEWLvMZQsSWIVYZ5S-cgA

I’m surprised a little that’s it so low. There has been a few on here who’ve had prolonged symptoms & I’ve spoken to a few (running mates for example) which had long covid.

Im three months in and no chance of running at the moment. Still feel the cold quite considerably too (and I’m usually ‘warm blooded).

There was a marathon runner on the news yesterday who’s had it for a year.
I’d imagine I’d had a physical job I wouldn’t be able to do it.
Have you received a vaccine jab yet?

I’ve got a colleague who had long covid for 4 months but his first jab more or less cleared it up.

spec date, admission date, death date

i think it's a mixture of Marvin's theory that more 85+ can be accepted to hospital (which strikes a sad note for what has passed) and those positive tests are coming in hospital itself and the admission is separate? but then would the admission even be recorded.....

building on @Marvin 's suggestion, it could be that now hospital's can accept many more patients, oldies are now quickly removed from their circumstances to prevent spread? this is all baseless theory.

i think it's a bit strange myself.
You have it .
Infection control in UK hospitals and care homes is still shockingly bad even after a year of Covid. It's been bad since Matrons were phased out and ventilation of modern hospital wards is shocking and cleaning and catering is nowhere near acceptable levels of infection control for a pandemic. See previous issues with MSRA etc.

Those who catch it and die at the moment are generally in hospiral for another reason and haven't been vaccinated due to their poor state of health.
Going into hospital without being vaccinated for an older person is basically playing Russian Roulette with their lives.

Last edited:
That Israel data is very impressive. An R of 0.55. Lowest yet.

Not in any way intended to say the same numbers apply here (could be wildly different for various reasons) but just out of interest:

Israeli case numbers were above ours consistently, and not even falling all that strongly until early March, when they started to plummet.

Assuming that was a vaccine effect, as seems near certain, we can note that ~100% of doses per population at that point. We're a *long* way behind that, just over 30%

So *if* (big if) the Israeli data is a good indicator of vaccination level required to suppress in the population, it will likely take weeks or months for us to reach that point. So continued caution with relaxing restrictions seems sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.