Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy halts az vaccine for under 60s after 18yr dies of rare blood clot
Emphasis here should be VACCINE THAT SAVES LIVES NOW VS “RARE” BLOOD CLOT….unless they have other vaccines readily available.

There have been other rare cases of blood clots, too, but as I recall they were all in women and it may have been related to their cycle, but don’t quote me on that!

Millions of doses of vaccine and a handful of blood clots….

Risk vs Reward.

I’m glad it’s not the only one on the market!

158 hospital admissions and 50 of them in the North West. Both the highest since early April and late March respectively.

England patients fall though by 22 to 884. But NW rises by 1 to 272. Which is OK considering. Though up 70 week to week. Much less so.

Unfortunately ventilators in NW rise again to 49. Though up 19 week to week. Again not good news.

Last edited:
The thing is unless something is done then the numbers will keep going up.

I've had my first jab, not my second.
I hope and pray the vaccine is effective as they think it is.

Should have closed all the borders whilst the chance was there.

Yes I get all that you’re not trying to convince me. But anecdotes of isolated incidents are unlikely to fundamentally change the risk perception against the backdrop of Covid (generally) being a disease of the old and vulnerable. I guess using my drugs comparison above, it’s the same as every time there is a devastated parent on the news due to an overdose or a bad reaction urging people to be careful, it doesn’t really change anything.

Anyway this is just cluttering up the thread I hope you get the point and I still think people should get jabbed because it’s the right thing to do and that miniscule rare threats (side effects or covid itself) should not really come into it.
Respectfully, the larger issue is that the longer it takes to stop the spread of this disease, the greater the number of mutations (variants) and the significantly greater chance the whole cadre of current vaccines become useless.

The idea is vaccinate to not only avoid, but curtail spread time yo mutate ACROSS THE GLOBE.

We have already seen multiple variants become more virulent spreaders, and it only take one unpredictable mutation to render the whole process to date as futile.

Herd immunity us only good if the EVERY LICAL HERD reaches that point!

We have a problem here in the Stares, because of Trump and the conspiracy/anti-vac crowd. The Northern Blue States are doing quite well and are starting to open cautiously, while the two most populous Southern States (Texas and Florida) have thrown their doors open snd said, “Fuck it! Business profile Ruth us worth a few deaths!” and the entire Southern tier of the country is far behind in the vaccination stats!

It only takes a variant to mutate in one Southern Stare and the next thing you know it’s everywhere in the USA and we all just hope the vaccine still works on it!

158 hospital admissions and 50 of them in the North West. Both the highest since early April and late March respectively.

England patients fall though by 22 to 884. But NW rises by 1 to 272. Which is OK considering.

Unfortunately ventilators in NW rise again to 49.
These all seem like staggeringly LOW NUMBERS given the population you’re talking about.

These all seem like staggeringly LOW NUMBERS given the population you’re talking about.

They are but that's how the virus started here, very low then accelerated. Hopefully although they will rise we hope the vaccinations will mean not so much now, bit it's in the balance.

Does anyone know about the walk in vaccination centres for second jabs? I remember reading a few days ago a few restrictions on who could use them but now i can't find the info. I think i remember reading that if you booked the first dose via your doctor that you can't access the second dose at one of the walk in places. Can anyone point me to the correct info - my google skills are failing me

Couple of fit lads on here my age - early 40s - have ended up severely debilitated. This is a nasty little disease. Bloodclots. Inflammatory overloads. Neurological damage.

Most don't suffer heavily. But plenty do, and there's millions with symptoms over a month later. Some who didn't even need hospital may never be the same.

Sure, you are confident you won't die. Even confident no-one you know ended up in hospital. But nah, you don't want to take your chances with this one. You really don't. Crazy anyone thinks otherwise.

I mean, I've had plenty of bugs. And my health wasn't perfect. COVID, when I had it, wasn't anything like as unpleasant as gastro enterisis. Nowhere near. Not anywhere near glandular, which I had as a kid. I mean, I was up and about. Not great, but... I hate colds. I've had worse times with unidentified colds. Much worse than the week or two of fatigue and feeling rubbish. But colds come and colds go.

What I've never had was a cold or flu - or anything - that left me with months of ulcers, skin problems, unstable temperature, racing heart, months later. Distinctive headaches. Sore throat and a callous in my nose that ached and dripped for months. I still get red eyes. Feel my lungs burning up.. Stomach pains. A year later. A year!

Yes, I'm pissed off that my AZ arm still aches very gently every so often. Yes, I would have preferred one of the other Jabs. But it's a small price to pay. I really don't fancy putting my body through another round of the real thing.
Hang in there, mate!

I had the J&J and it knocked me on my arse for a few days, such that I couldn’t go to work. But, just made me feel like it was doing ITS business, rather than letting me get who knows how sick from the real thing!

They are but that's how the virus started here, very low then accelerated. Hopefully although they will rise we hope the vaccinations will mean not so much now, bit it's in the balance.
Yep, it always starts slow and accelerates, but we know do much more about treatments now, and the population is well on the way to herd immunity with vaccines and cases combined.

Are there still people who CANNOT get the vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.