Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 week firebreak now likely to come in on 27th or 28th report The Times. No indoor mixing, pubs move to outdoor service only and it’s the rule of 6 outdoors. Can’t see compliance being very high this time round.

Haha good luck with that.

Utterly ridiculous.

2 week firebreak now likely to come in on 27th or 28th report The Times. No indoor mixing, pubs move to outdoor service only and it’s the rule of 6 outdoors. Can’t see compliance being very high this time round.

When we look at Today's Newspaper Cover Pages, however, we can see that there is very little agreement on what to do next. The FT suggests Omicron is as dangerous as Delta, the Independent thinks everything is beyond control already, and the Daily Mail is calling for isolation times to be reduced. The Times says they're only at the stage of 'drawing up plans', but this is burning so fast that we might be in a different place in ten days' time.

Data extract from SA Communicable Diseases web-site.

I fitted a 7 day moving average to the data points the thick line. I thickened to focus the eye.

I would caution that there is data scatter here and what appears real may only be the hazards of working with data but even with a cautious head on one can surmise that the growth in SA is moderating.

I may get this wrong through hope. Forgive me if I do. It is good to be hopefulSouth African epidemic 16th December 2021.pngl.

Last edited:
You don’t remember his transgressions breaching the COVID regulations?? I was so incensed with his selfish and idiotic behaviour that I emailed MCFC letting them know exactly what a prize prick he had been.
A few days later I had a phone call from his agent, Dean Ashton. He informed me that “Kyle is a young player”…….He was 29 coming on 30!!!
He has a consistent track record of unacceptable behaviour at every football club that he has been with. I would have been perfectly happy then if he had been sacked by MCFC as he had brought so much negative press to the club.
Call me “old fashioned“ but I believe that professional footballers represent the club that employ them. We have been very fortunate (or lucky) that our players have been consummate professionals….apart from Kyle Walker and Benjamin Mendy….who have both disgraced the club.
Do a bit of research and you’ll soon find out why Kyle Walker is not one of my favourite MCFC players. But hey he’s a young lad!!!
You can’t really compare what Kyle did to what Mendy has done. Absolutely worlds apart.

I honestly don’t know of anyone who stuck to the lockdown rules. They were impossible and repressive.

It’s because the case numbers are the best indication of the number of hospitalisation we will be facing in 2-3 weeks.

Everybody on both sides of the argument - most cases are mild vs we could be looking at 1000s of deaths - are guessing at the moment.
The truth is people don’t seem to know how thousands of new cases will play out in the middle of a European winter.
is it 2-3 weeks? or is it 1-2 weeks?

Whereas over here we're lifting the state of emergency and most restrictions on the 25th. I know numbers are dropping quite quickly but not sure that's the right move with omicron yet to really take off.

I fitted a 7 day moving average to the data points the thick line. I thickened to focus the eye.

I would caution that there is data scatter here and what appears real may only be the hazards of working with data but even with a cautious head on one can surmise that the growth in SA is moderating.

I may get this wrong through hope. Forgive me if I do. It is good to be hopefulView attachment 32054l.
I literally only look at the positive news etc. if i concentrated on the negative shit (like some) it would send me under

I may get this wrong through hope. Forgive me if I do. It is good to be hopefulView attachment 32054l.
Thanks for doing that, highly informative and encouraging.

What’s the way out of this?

Over 90% of the country is double or triple jabbed and we are looking at a full lockdown after Christmas.

How many more lockdowns is it going to take? How many more jabs?

Compliance at this stage, nearly two years in, needs a very clear exit path. What is it? What’s the way out of all this after nearly two years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.