Coronavirus (2022) thread

I think the problem is that to do valid like for like comparisons you need to have a like for like on a similar demographic ( age split. Population densities, inter generational housing etc etc )

when you compare Sweden to UK they clearly had it far better. But when you compare London to Stockholm ( similar population densities ) then Stockholm is about 6-7 time worse off ( from the last time I did the math )

How accurate are these lateral flows I’ve got continuous cough,headache, runny nose,sore throat,aches and pains but tested 4 times all negative sure I picked something up at the airport or in Madid feel rotten

How accurate are these lateral flows I’ve got continuous cough,headache, runny nose,sore throat,aches and pains but tested 4 times all negative sure I picked something up at the airport or in Madid feel rotten
I've had flu for the past 4 days, just getting over it. 5 negative LFTs, so at least assume its flu, but similar symptoms to you.

I think the problem is that to do valid like for like comparisons you need to have a like for like on a similar demographic ( age split. Population densities, inter generational housing etc etc )

when you compare Sweden to UK they clearly had it far better. But when you compare London to Stockholm ( similar population densities ) then Stockholm is about 6-7 time worse off ( from the last time I did the math )
S

I was exactly the same a few weeks back - every covid symptom and was on my arse for a week but kept testing negative.

The good news: It'll likely be over by May, maybe June, and omicron may be the most infectious form this virus is able to take (it's already the most infectious virus known it appears). And in that case, it will continue to dominate future mutations as they occur while, perhaps becoming even less capable of causing damage to the host.

I'm on Day 4 of the 'rona. It sucks. Even going for short walks tires me out. I think I got it on a train from Leeds, the place was rammed and I had a horrible sore throat the next day.

The good news: It'll likely be over by May, maybe June, and omicron may be the most infectious form this virus is able to take (it's already the most infectious virus known it appears). And in that case, it will continue to dominate future mutations as they occur while, perhaps becoming even less capable of causing damage to the host.

it will have a few more waves yet with the way it’s panning out. 3/4 months for immunity to wain then a wave then 3/4 months for the next wave. Hopefully for most places now this will translate into sickness from work rather than anything else.

it will eventually level off as the peaks and troughs balance out over time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.