Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I do Wonder if the tone would be the same if we were top of the league and pissing it, I hope it would be but I’ve a feeling some posters rage is more than to stop Liverpool winning it than anything else. I fecking hate liverpool and at first thought it would be funny as fuck if they missed out, but after a few long months, if things prove they can be done safely with almost zero risk To anybody i think I’d start to welcome football back you know, I’m missing it and would welcome some live sport on the tele and Liverpool can have the title i couldn’t care less anymore! Football back in this country I think will be the first sign of the long road to Normality, I do though still think it’s too soon for a June start Unfortunately.

I do Wonder if the tone would be the same if we were top of the league and pissing it, I hope it would be but I’ve a feeling some posters rage is more than to stop Liverpool winning it than anything else.

Ending the league now almost certainly won't stop Liverpool winning it.

It's a health and public safety issue.

I do Wonder if the tone would be the same if we were top of the league and pissing it, I hope it would be but I’ve a feeling some posters rage is more than to stop Liverpool winning it than anything else. I fecking hate liverpool and at first thought it would be funny as fuck if they missed out, but after a few long months, if things prove they can be done safely with almost zero risk To anybody i think I’d start to welcome football back you know, I’m missing it and would welcome some live sport on the tele and Liverpool can have the title i couldn’t care less anymore! Football back in this country I think will be the first sign of the long road to Normality, I do though still think it’s too soon for a June start Unfortunately.
All well and good but, having to decide your relegation fate based on a totally different set of rules is out of order

Ending the league now almost certainly won't stop Liverpool winning it.

It's a health and public safety issue.
If they pull the plug on the season, there is no way the scousers should be handed the league. Your argument of H&S should not be a consideration. There are plenty of other sorry stories in the country, but there hasn't been a sniff of any unrest from those quarters. If they give it to them, that simply shows another weakness string to their bow

I've no doubt some posters do think that but for myself it's not even a consideration (admittedly a silver lining maybe ;) )

They should cancel it now, if they want they can give Liverpool* a trophy as it means eff all.

"with almost zero risk To anybody", I do question this bit though. Surely if there's ANY risk to people it shouldn't be going ahead, next season is very much up in the air at the moment (especially for fans attending), so I'd want a vaccine before it can be played with live fans.

I've no doubt some posters do think that but for myself it's not even a consideration (admittedly a silver lining maybe ;) )

They should cancel it now, if they want they can give Liverpool* a trophy as it means eff all.

"with almost zero risk To anybody", I do question this bit though. Surely if there's ANY risk to people it shouldn't be going ahead, next season is very much up in the air at the moment (especially for fans attending), so I'd want a vaccine before it can be played with live fans.

I know what you are saying mate but I’m afraid risk will be there when this country and economy get going again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.