Courtney Meppen Walter

robbie brewer said:
Stillsy said:
robbie brewer said:
He hasn't been convicted of anything yet. Comments like this are why the other thread was pulled. Let's wait until he is convicted before we condemn him and if he is found not guilty let's hope those who have slagged him off will be on here quickly to offer an apology. I won't hold my breath.

Yeah right, take your blue tinted specs off fella. a footballer 18years old rolling around in a merc thinking he is the dogs fucking bollocks.

Well im sorry if i was laying my money down it would be that he was behind the wheel of the car and that he will be serving an awful long time if it my mum and dad that he killed then i would kill both the fuckers in the car.

This is not some game that we are betting on this is real life where we have to rely on the facts - which none of us know yet. If you are prepared to condemn someone on the basis of you're betting instincts then it's not blue tinted specs you need to take off you need to grow up. If he is guilty then yes he will deserve all he gets but until it is proven i will refrain from condemning the the guy on his own clubs forum.

100% agree with this however I am on a self imposed ban in relation to this topic.

Thoughts are with the families of all involved in this awful situation.
Prestwich Blue - my sympathies to you and your family on your loss.

mansour's tow ropes said:
mcfcinprague said:
I'm sure I'm no different from a lot of others on here today in that I've been wanting to make a post but haven't been too sure what to type in trying to be objective and not be a sensationalist

I feel desperately sad for the families of those who have lost their lives, whilst also trying to imagine the feelings of the other families involved here

Those of us who drive no doubt witness incidents very often that only by some miracle don't cause total carnage - I have seen the usual idiots on my long drive from Devon to the last 2 home games, where they weave from lane to lane over/undertaking to get to the front and usually in powerful cars - but yesterday on the M6 northbound there was one in a 54 plate Fiesta, clearly oblivious of what could happen to themselves in a car not really designed for protection at the speed he was travelling at, never mind what would happen to others

And then last night after the game I was in the queue on Pollard Street to get onto Ancoats and whoever was in the white Bentley immediately in front of me accelerated like an F1 driver to get through the lights and turn right (on red as it happens) totally oblivious of the numbers of people crossing the road etc. or maybe they were "showing off", whichever it was doesn't matter, it's what these people do

A rush of blood to the head, it's a laugh, I can beat him away from the lights, whatever the reason, it's what they do

Now not for the first time, we know why we wish they didn't do these things, and think when will they ever learn. They know it happens, they read about it every day, yet they appear to be oblivious to it in their moment of madness

It's a wider problem for society to deal with not just our wonderful football club, but hope as a result of this tragic incident, whatever happened, whoever was to blame that the club take some sort of appropriate action internally to ensure nothing involving one of our players allows it to happen again.

And those of us who are parents drum it into our own loved ones again and again, because we don't want to be in the situation that these affected families find themselves in today.

I know that I never want to be in this situation, on either side of the fence

great post. i can't imagine what CMW is going through right now, his head must be all over the place. he had a dream life, and now after 1 bad judgement/decision, his life is ruined.

and then you have the victims. the 2 in hospital, probably yet to find out of the deaths of their family members. so sad all round, if only everyone could turn the clock backs 24 hours and this whole thing could be avoided.

yes CMW was probably being a twat, but his life is absolutely ruined as a result of a poor decision and terrible luck, perhaps more often and not the 2 victims would have survived. who knows.

i think one problem is that these players, barely 18, are paid 300k a year (according to a post on this thread), they spend relatively little time playing football and have so much spare time, they have loads of money to piss around with, they aren't very bright (on the whole - its a stereotype but unfortunately an accurate one), and they have nothing other than football a lot of the time. they don't go to school or college a lot of the time, so have nothing else to keep them grounded. added to this is all the stress and pressure of trying to make a career as a professional footballer.

something should be done now inside the club, i don't know what, but with the new training ground and all that (the focus on the academy), there should be a revolutionary plan drawn up in which to manage youth players in an innovative way, perhaps making part time jobs compulsory, or making them get a couple of a levels or something, because i never want to read about a city player being arrested for causing loss of life again

Well said Mansour. Through work i've had some experience with both City and United players over the past few years and I've said it on this board on a number of occasions that off the pitch and away from the club we are miles behind United in looking after our players. We have both multi million pound footballers and potential multi million pound footballers and from what I've seen personally they are more or less left alone to their own devices once they walk away from the club. I'm not saying they need baby sitting 24 hours a day but these guys earn small fortunes and have very little or no help/advice/guidance on how to go about their day to day business. Mario's a case in point but most fans think it's all high jinks when his gets involved with stupid things like fireworks and let him be he's just a young kid having fun. Having fun until it's too late.

Had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with CMW a few times. A nice, well grounded, intelligent sounding, young man.

I am genuinely devastated for him, the other unnamed individual and the family who have suffered such a tragic loss.

It just goes to show how everything in life can change in the blink of an eye.

Very strange to hold up united as the shining light in terms of player development and advice off the field.

Might suggest they are the worst club to highlight given the record of their players.

flipmode said:
Had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with CMW a few times. A nice, well grounded, intelligent sounding, young man.

I am genuinely devastated for him, the other unnamed individual and the family who have suffered such a tragic loss.

So if you hadn't have met him, what would your opinion have been?
Yet you are devastated for him?
The courts will decide who did what and how.
In the mean time, 2 people are dead. Their family is who people should be ''devastated'' for.

Stillsy said:
robbie brewer said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
People like him are the reason i've had my drivers license for 2 years but no car, can't afford these daft insurance prices.

He hasn't been convicted of anything yet. Comments like this are why the other thread was pulled. Let's wait until he is convicted before we condemn him and if he is found not guilty let's hope those who have slagged him off will be on here quickly to offer an apology. I won't hold my breath.

Yeah right, take your blue tinted specs off fella. a footballer 18years old rolling around in a merc thinking he is the dogs fucking bollocks.

Well im sorry if i was laying my money down it would be that he was behind the wheel of the car and that he will be serving an awful long time if it my mum and dad that he killed then i would kill both the fuckers in the car.

Totaly agree Stillsy.

What the hell is an 18yr old footballer geting 5K a week for? total joke and for once I totaly agree with Alex Ferguson. A vast majority of young footballers have no respect for anything or anyone. It's time them were brought into line, and for one, I hope Manchester City do just that!

This is really tragic and my thoughts and prayers are with the families involved.

What ever the club can learn from this they need to incorporate into the academy to mentor our young footballers.

I know it is only speculation but The Guardian are reporting it was a "low powered" Mercedes.

Horrible incident, I can't imagine what the victims' families are going through right now.

PS, on the car 'power' issue, any car can be a lethal weapon with an idiot behind the wheel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.