Courtney Meppen Walter

grim up north said:
The cookie monster said:
grim up north said:
Hands up those who have never broke the speed limit

Folk doing a few miles over the speed limit is a bit dif to this lad doing nearly double in a 30 zone dont you think?

I have done it from passing my test at 17. I am more aware of the consequences of speed now. Doesn't matter what kinda car you drive you hit someone at 40 you got a good chance of killing them.

As I say there will be very few on here who haven't taken that risk at one point in their lives.

To many people on here who judge when they have pulled the same stunt
Lucky for you that you didnt kill anyone
Unfortunately this lad did and will pay for it with a stint in the big house.

grim up north said:
The cookie monster said:
grim up north said:

Folk doing a few miles over the speed limit is a bit dif to this lad doing nearly double in a 30 zone dont you think?

I have done it from passing my test at 17. I am more aware of the consequences of speed now. Doesn't matter what kinda car you drive you hit someone at 40 you got a good chance of killing them.

As I say there will be very few on here who haven't taken that risk at one point in their lives.

I doubt you would be as sympathetic if it was a member of your family he had hit and killed.

Here you go. Not sure how co operative he was with the cops, but if he denied it initially, then he won't have admitted his guilt "At the first available opportunity" which is factored into any sentence. I'm also not sure how serious the offence was, whether he did something daft but not in itself dangerous. So without knowing the full circumstances it's wrong to pre judge what he might or might not receive. But for those interested, this is from the CPS Sentencing manual. The main point of note is that whilst, normally, a case of "Careless or inconsiderate" are usually less than "Dangerous" driving, the sentences for careless can be as much as lesser levels of Dangerous depending on the circumstances.

Relevant Sentencing Guidelines (If Any)
The SGC definitive guideline "Causing Death by Driving" applies to all offenders convicted of this offence and sentenced on or after 18 August 2008. The guideline applies to a "first-time offender" aged 18 or over convicted after trial.

Culpability & Harm
Since the maximum sentence has been set at 5 years imprisonment, the sentence ranges are generally lower for this offence than for the offences of causing death by dangerous driving or causing death by careless driving under the influence, for which the maximum sentence is 14 years imprisonment. However, it is unavoidable that some cases will be on the borderline between dangerous and careless driving, or may involve a number of factors that significantly increase the seriousness of an offence. As a result, the guideline for this offence identifies three levels of seriousness, the range for the highest of which overlaps with ranges for the lowest level of seriousness for causing death by dangerous driving.

The three levels of seriousness are defined by the degree of carelessness involved in the standard of driving. The most serious level for this offence is where the offender's driving fell not that far short of dangerous. The least serious group of offences relates to those cases where the level of culpability is low - for example in a case involving an offender who misjudges the speed of another vehicle, or turns without seeing an oncoming vehicle because of restricted visibility. Other cases will fall into the intermediate level.

The starting point for the most serious offence of causing death by careless driving is lower than that for the least serious offence of causing death by dangerous driving in recognition of the different standards of driving behaviour. However, the range still leaves scope, within the 5 year maximum, to impose longer sentences where the case is particularly serious.

Where the level of carelessness is low and there are no aggravating factors, even the fact that death was caused is not sufficient to justify a prison sentence. A fine is unlikely to be an appropriate sentence for this offence; where a non-custodial sentence is considered appropriate this should be a community order. The nature of the requirement will be determined by the purpose identified by the court as of primary importance. Requirements most likely to be relevant include unpaid work requirement, activity requirement, programme requirement and curfew requirement.

Nature of offence: Careless or inconsiderate driving falling not far short of dangerous driving

Starting Point: 15 months custody
Sentencing range: 36 weeks - 3 years custody

Nature of offence: Other cases of careless or inconsiderate driving

Starting Point: 36 weeks custody
Sentencing range: Community order (HIGH) - 2 years custody

Nature of offence: Careless or inconsiderate driving arising from momentary inattention with no aggravating factors

Starting Point: Community order (MEDIUM)
Sentencing range: Community order (LOW) - Community order (HIGH)

Xavi or Iniesta are family-men like almost everyone from Spain. But british players only care about tattoos, fast cars, designer clothes, blings... Barca, Dortmund, Bayern are like families.

bobmcfc said:
grim up north said:
The cookie monster said:

I doubt you would be as sympathetic if it was a member of your family he had hit and killed.

Its absolutely tragic whats happened, not condoning what he has done.

To many people hammer others because it hasnt happened to them, it could esily happen to anyone who drives a car. I wont beliebve anybody who claims they have never driven to fast

-- Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:39 pm --

The cookie monster said:
grim up north said:
The cookie monster said:

You drive mate?

You never broken speed limit<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:41 pm --<br /><br />
bapi said:
Xavi or Iniesta are family-men like almost everyone from Spain. But british players only care about tattoos, fast cars, designer clothes, blings... Barca, Dortmund, Bayern are like families.

absolute bollocks

grim up north said:
pride in battle said:
So he was speeding after all...them actions have resulted in two deaths...
P.S he is also up for a previous charge of traveling at 54mph in a 30 mph zone.
Get rid City...

Caught twice which means he thinks he is above the law, oh and yes taking pictures of his little brother in the front seat (against the law) too many do gooders in Britain, two people he has killed....

bapi said:

Great idea! It's been ages since my last game of cliche bingo.

grim up north said:
bobmcfc said:
grim up north said:

Its absolutely tragic whats happened, not condoning what he has done.

To many people hammer others because it hasnt happened to them, it could esily happen to anyone who drives a car. I wont beliebve anybody who claims they have never driven to fast

-- Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:39 pm --

The cookie monster said:
grim up north said:

You drive mate?

You never broken speed limit

-- Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:41 pm --

bapi said:

absolute bollocks

Grim, now you do have the right name because you try and defend Johnson and Walters for what reason I don't know.
Let me tell you, I killed someone in an accident and that's exactly what it was a tragic accident, I stood in front of the lads parents and explained and they understood I could do nothing, I think about this everyday and could I have done something, no I couldn't, but I still hurt for their loss.
Please stop trying to say Walters and Johnson have reasons and so on, they are very very stupid people, give it a rest, you don't know the heartbreak drink drivers and speeding lunatics cause.

Everyone calling bollocks but name any major English star without controversy.

Gerard, Rooney, Cole, Beckham, Terry, Ferdinand

Some that haven't are Shearer, linekar, Owen and Walcott. Were/are they world stars. Owen was for 5 minutes. Walcott will be. Nearly man I think. Are shearer and linekar classed as world class?? Maybe.

johnmc said:
Everyone calling bollocks but name any major English star without controversy.

Gerard, Rooney, Cole, Beckham, Terry, Ferdinand

Some that haven't are Shearer, linekar, Owen and Walcott. Were/are they world stars. Owen was for 5 minutes. Walcott will be. Nearly man I think. Are shearer and linekar classed as world class?? Maybe.

Beckham? What has he done?

The rest of the players you have mentioned is because of their background not because of their nationality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.