Courtney Meppen Walter

ArtyCol said:
Bongo Joe said:
Sentenced to 16 months in prison today.

I hate the justice system in this country. If he had committed fraud he probably would have got a longer sentence. Two innocent people killed. But he pleaded guilty so that is OK.

I have no time for bad drivers, whether they drink or take drugs and drive, use a mobile phone or drive when tired.
my sentiments also

A Manchester City youth player was today jailed for 16 months at Manchester Crown Court for causing the death of a brother and sister by careless driving.

Courtney Meppen-Walter, 18, admitted the crime earlier this month after he was arrested when his Mercedes was involved in a crash with a Nissan Micra in Manchester in September.

The Nissan driver, Kulwant Singh, 32, from Salford, and his sister, front seat passenger Ravel Kaur, 37, from Cheetham Hill, died.

Ms Kaur's two sons, aged 16 and 17, were sitting in the back of the car and were injured in the crash on the evening of September 1 on Great Ducie Street.

Meppen-Walter has been on the books at City since 2010 and failed to make a senior appearance for the club, but was on the bench for Roberto Mancini's side as they drew 2-2 in a Champions League match against Ajax in November.

Anyone know what jail he has been sent? No sympathy for idiots like this and imo he should of got longer

sergiokun said:
LoveCity said:
Will the club stand by him or release him? 16 months isn't long...

No thanks get rid

Why? I am not condoning what he has done, but isn't it at times like this that a club should be seen to not act hastily and give him a chance of turning his life around.

I won't lie and say if it was my relatives I may react completely different. However, people make mistakes in life and sometimes need a second chance.

I think it's harsh, as I read it his only crime was speeding. The accident was caused by the guy in the other car failing to determine the speed he was going and pulling out of a side road in front of him, or was there other circumstances?

Do gooders, if it had been me i would have expected to go away for a long time, his driving ban will be longer than he serves inside, work that one out

mad zab said:
sergiokun said:
LoveCity said:
Will the club stand by him or release him? 16 months isn't long...

No thanks get rid

Why? I am not condoning what he has done, but isn't it at times like this that a club should be seen to not act hastily and give him a chance of turning his life around.

I won't lie and say if it was my relatives I may react completely different. However, people make mistakes in life and sometimes need a second chance.

I agree he deserves a second chance but he killed 2 people and injured teenagers because he was racing and you feel we should stick by him? Fair enough that’s you opinion but I would kick him out and now. disgraceful behaviour racing cars at his age and it should be a lesson to all our youth players. He might one day kick a football again for a team in England but it won't be city. Maybe he wasn't racing who noes but he shouldn't be speeding

I hate the fact that two people got killed but have reservations about the 'hang 'em high' reaction!

At the end of the day he is a kid, he wasn't on drugs, drinking or using a mobile phone while driving. How many of you have gone over the speed limit when driving? I know I have, in fact I was a few hours ago as I returned from a meeting.

There but for the Grace of God go a lot of people. Also, let (s)he who is without sin cast the first stone.

The lad deserves a second chance. I hope that City give him one.

Eccles Blue said:
I hate the fact that two people got killed but have reservations about the 'hang 'em high' reaction!

At the end of the day he is a kid, he wasn't on drugs, drinking or using a mobile phone while driving. How many of you have gone over the speed limit when driving? I know I have, in fact I was a few hours ago as I returned from a meeting.

There but for the Grace of God go a lot of people. Also, let (s)he who is without sin cast the first stone.

I shall read through this thread again, I must have misunderstood, I thought he was just short of 30mph over the speed limit
If it was your family members who had been killed, you'd feel differently about the weak sentence. Trust me, I know from bitter experience.

Eccles Blue said:

Oh do stop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.