Courtney Meppen Walter

pride in battle said:
So if he is found guilty of the death of two people from reckless driving what will you say then? Will you still feel 'sorry' for him?
Yes, because he's a human being and will know that a moment of stupidity (if that's what it was) killed two people.

We all make mistakes in life and sometimes we get away with them but sometimes we don't and have to live with the consequences. Young drivers are higher risk because they don't have enough experience of the dangers of driving and don't anticipate dangerous situations until too late.

Prestwich_Blue said:
pride in battle said:
So if he is found guilty of the death of two people from reckless driving what will you say then? Will you still feel 'sorry' for him?
Yes, because he's a human being and will know that a moment of stupidity (if that's what it was) killed two people.

We all make mistakes in life and sometimes we get away with them but sometimes we don't and have to live with the consequences. Young drivers are higher risk because they don't have enough experience of the dangers of driving and don't anticipate dangerous situations until too late.

Blimey it's mother Theresa, it's easy to say if it's not your family, I think you would think different if a reckless driver had killed your children.

Prestwich_Blue said:
pride in battle said:

Spot on.

As a parent of young drivers it is heartbreaking on all accounts here!
Firstly for the families of those who were killed and injured and secondly for Courtney and his family. Young drivers irrespective of income, job etc are all put in charge of vehicles when one rash/stupid decision or action can result in devastation.
For one stupid decision this young man if found guilty will go to jail and ruin a promising career and the rest of his life. He will have to live with his actions as will his family.
Stupid - yes. Reckless - yes. Dangerous - yes. Does he deserve to be punished - yes.
But how many of us at 18 haven't been all of those things thankfully most without the horrific consequences. A lynch mob mentality on here does no one any favours! My sympathy and thoughts go out to all involved.

His name on the log book I presume.Whatever happens after that, is his responsibility,to defend or pursue.Bad PR for our club whatever way this turns out.Sad Day.

pride in battle said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
pride in battle said:

Blimey it's mother Theresa, it's easy to say if it's not your family, I think you would think different if a reckless driver had killed your children.
As it happened a negligent doctor killed one of my children. I certainly don't think much of him but I feel sorry for him. He made an easily avoidable mistake and had to live with that.

In the wrong hands (someone drunk or a dick head who thinks it's funny to race) a car is a lethal weapon. Using a car dangerously, and excusing it, is no different to running down the road firing a machine gun and saying "but the bullets weren't aimed at anyone and nobody was hurt".

There are racing tracks all around the country that anyone can hire at reasonable prices whenever they want to. There is no need for anyone to ever race in public roads.

Everybody makes mistakes but turning your car into a lethal weapon is not a mistake, it's a monumental fuck up!

pride in battle said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
pride in battle said:

This is something that could happen to anybody. We all do stupid, idiotic things in our lives. More so when we are 18 year old kids. Thankfully we usualy get away with it and we end up not learning the lesson.

If you are going to sit there and say you have never done anything dangerous that could have gone bad then you're flat out lying. So you simpley cannot Judge. This is A terrible tragedy and i feel for all involved.

^^^^^^^
if you think it's okay to drive a car that causes death then you are deluded, yes I have done stupid thinks but not put peoples lives in danger, imagine a knock on the door, a policeman is there to inform you your children have been killed by a reckless driver, would you have sympathy then? No thought not...

Prestwich_Blue said:
pride in battle said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

As it happened a negligent doctor killed one of my children. I certainly don't think much of him but I feel sorry for him. He made an easily avoidable mistake and had to live with that.

Sorry, not on topic, but couldn't let this pass without notice.
Hugs xxx

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.