Courtney Meppen Walter

was the car that hit the micra actually CMW? or was it his friend?

or does it not make a difference?

My thoughts are with the friends and family of the deceased and injured in this tragic incident.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Stillsy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Again that's speculation. The police are investigating so I'm sure they'd welcome your input.

Oh my word do cut the bull. The micra got sent 50 bloody yards! That's from a goal line to the half way line!! Whoever was behind the wheel of that merc was doing some stupid speed end of. I would be gobsmacked if it wasn't cmw driving and will apologise if it isn't.

Some people seem to think cause he's a city player we have to defend him? Well no football is some fucking game that means nothing compared to losing a life.
Again, another poster whose insightful input should be useful to the official investigation. Perhaps you'd like to share your scientifically based calculations with us?

Seriously - let's make it clear here that no one's defending him. We're trying to ensure we don't get cited for contempt or otherwise prejudice any criminal proceedings.

But let's imagine a scenario where a car pulls out of a side road without due care and attention and is hit by another car on the main road that he hasn't seen. Even if that oncoming car hit the brakes at the moment of impact, the other car would still be thrown forward with considerable force. You've only got witnesses reports in the not altogether reliable MEN that the car was thrown forward 50 yards. It might have been 20, 25 or 30.

The point is that the police will investigate and make a decision on whether to prosecute or not. If he is charged and found guilty then he will face the consequences but until that point please do not indulge in unfounded speculation. The only facts are that two people are dead, two are injured and another two may be facing serious criminal charges.

Why are you seeking to direct blame towards the deceased in the scenario you have imagined?

Dimarino said:
My thoughts are with the friends and family of the deceased and injured in this tragic incident.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Stillsy said:
Oh my word do cut the bull. The micra got sent 50 bloody yards! That's from a goal line to the half way line!! Whoever was behind the wheel of that merc was doing some stupid speed end of. I would be gobsmacked if it wasn't cmw driving and will apologise if it isn't.

Some people seem to think cause he's a city player we have to defend him? Well no football is some fucking game that means nothing compared to losing a life.
Again, another poster whose insightful input should be useful to the official investigation. Perhaps you'd like to share your scientifically based calculations with us?

Seriously - let's make it clear here that no one's defending him. We're trying to ensure we don't get cited for contempt or otherwise prejudice any criminal proceedings.

But let's imagine a scenario where a car pulls out of a side road without due care and attention and is hit by another car on the main road that he hasn't seen. Even if that oncoming car hit the brakes at the moment of impact, the other car would still be thrown forward with considerable force. You've only got witnesses reports in the not altogether reliable MEN that the car was thrown forward 50 yards. It might have been 20, 25 or 30.

The point is that the police will investigate and make a decision on whether to prosecute or not. If he is charged and found guilty then he will face the consequences but until that point please do not indulge in unfounded speculation. The only facts are that two people are dead, two are injured and another two may be facing serious criminal charges.

Why are you seeking to direct blame towards the deceased in the scenario you have imagined?
I'm not. What on earth gave you that idea? Read the post properly.

Like I've said until I'm blue in the face, no one on here knows what happened and no one will know until a full investigation has been carried out.

Now if no one has anything useful to add perhaps we should lock this as people are making all sorts of unfounded comments.

This is an absolutely pointless thread from start to finish. Not one person here knows the facts, so no point in making any assumptions or speculating as to what might have happened. The only thing we should be seeing here, are people offering condolences to the family and victims of this tragedy.

dan.j.mcfc said:
This is an absolutely pointless thread from start to finish. Not one person here knows the facts, so no point in making any assumptions or speculating as to what might have happened. The only thing we should be seeing here, are people offering condolences to the family and victims of this tragedy.

This is right - why not move this thread to The Cellar as it has nothing at all to do with football.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Dimarino said:

Prestwich_Blue said:

I'm not. What on earth gave you that idea? Read the post properly.

Like I've said until I'm blue in the face, no one on here knows what happened and no one will know until a full investigation has been carried out.

Now if no one has anything useful to add perhaps we should lock this as people are making all sorts of unfounded comments.

As a moderator I find the fact that you have let this thread continue quite unacceptable. Why not just pull it like yesterday? You are debating it just as much as everyone else is. By the way,have you seen the picture of him on the MEN driving whilst what,reading his ipad?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
As a moderator I find the fact that you have let this thread continue quite unacceptable. Why not just pull it like yesterday? You are debating it just as much as everyone else is. By the way,have you seen the picture of him on the MEN driving whilst what,reading his ipad?

I also agree it should be pulled. Unless they were there as witnesses or have access to the people involved, making accusations could leave Bluemoon with legal problems. Just like the comment above, how would anyone know if he was driving or stationary?
It's run it's course, mods.

I asked for it to be locked yesterday, i have no idea why it's still open...

Forget legal implications, common decency considering some of the posts people have been leaving.

You made a big deal about offensive words and how people would be dealt with. Is it now acceptable to make full statements that are made up speculation and will be certain to cause offence to some people.. Or is it just an offence in a singular word ?

Yes, I think it should be locked or pulled now, we've had a discussion about it but no matter what the mods say, it's inevitable that some people are going to say things that shoulden't really be said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.