COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WHO lady was on CNN again last night still saying they just don't know about immunity,this really is where we need to go next,the antibody test is going to unlock everything,some kind of id card maybe for those who are able to go back to work etc and maybe 6 monthly testing

The WHO lady was on CNN again last night still saying they just don't know about immunity,this really is where we need to go next,the antibody test is going to unlock everything,some kind of id card maybe for those who are able to go back to work etc and maybe 6 monthly testing
Does she mean we didn’t know if people gain immunity once recovered?

Just checking in from Melbourne, been following this thread and to be honest it's pretty grim reading.

Down here we are pretty much in lockdown, the only thing that is vastly different is the borders have been tightly closed and any returning citizens have mandatory 14 day quarantine monitored by authorities.

Every government is trying it's upmost and definitely huge errors have been made but looking back at this point is counterproductive.

Statistically we have not had huge losses but we are looking at minimum 6 months, and we are now coming into winter.
I have a brother in New Zealand. He normally works at Christchurch airport but is on lockdown. They've only had about 4 deaths. Lockdowns seem to be pretty much universal but there is a difference in testing. Mass testing is not universal. I think that is the way out. That's where most of the hope for the short term lies. If you can test people in 5 minutes at their workplace or in their nursing home it should enable countries to find and locate those who are infected and effectively quarantine them.

I am expecting gradual lifting of lockdowns in Europe and the USA with surveillance testing. The antibody test is getting closer and that will help to ID people who can safely return as well.

Does she mean we didn’t know if people gain immunity once recovered?
Yes, she says we don't know how much immunity people get,whether it is enough to protect them and for how long,she says we can assume based on other viruses but we can't say for sure as we are only 3months into this,the antibody testing and retesting will tell us

Doesn’t stop mouth breathing fucktards from blaming Gates and saying he predicted this as he manufactured the virus to cull the global population. I’ve blocked three people I went to school/uni for sharing such crap.

well that’s a battle we can also all take on as individuals to drown out their shite...we did it with the flu merchants and we should all try and do it again for all of our sakes and even theirs. It will inevitably be seen as the only way out of this hole, why keep waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.