COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deptartment of health for the whole country

Up 861 from yesterday

Total 13,729

Tests for yesterday 18,665
Sorry to labour the point Karen, and thank you for your valuable input on this thread, but this is of those testing positive in hospital. That total excludes deaths in the community from Eng and Wales. This significantly under estimates the total deaths.

Just got off the phone from my lad,he says hes been told to go back to work on monday.
Hes a glass cutter and works on a big shop floor in a factory.
Tells me there is no way they can stay 2m apart.

Yes it is early but it not just us,americans is the same so there is definately more investigation to be done

I am aware of that but there are other variables at play. You only have to look at South Korea. I would suggest the majority of the population is not Caucasian. They have lower deaths and infections than the UK.

You could easily get into a "What did the Romans ever do for us" type conversation. We need more data to establish covariance. You cannot be confident of covariance from topline data.

Sorry to labour the point Karen, and thank you for your valuable input on this thread, but this is of those testing positive in hospital. That total excludes deaths in the community from Eng and Wales. This significantly under estimates the total deaths.
The number of tests is all the tests they have done ,patients,frontline staff,etc
The death numbers are hospitals only,because that is 100% certain
The ONS figure is seperate and released on a tues,they are not added together but the figures are there to see

Edit,scotland are now including care home numbers

Why are people suddenly getting confused by the daily numbers

Last edited:
The number of tests is all the tests they have done ,patients,frontline staff,etc
The death numbers are hospitals only,because that is 100% certain
The ONS figure is seperate and released on a tues,they are not added together but the figures are there to see

Edit,scotland are now including care home numbers

Why are people suddenly getting confused by the daily numbers
I’m not confused, I’m saying the real figure is somewhere nearer 25,000-a death rate of between 40-45% in the community is very much in line with other European countries. Decisions are being made on these totals when they are evidently under counted-and that, appreciating there will be more variation in accuracy in the community, is a political decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.