COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame to see the positivity % increase a bit Healdplace. Hospital figures too in terms of new admissions the highest for a few days if I've been reading right?

Still potential for this to go a couple of different ways.

Yes that is true in both instances % up to 7% from 6.2% yesterday but still lower than it was in early days after introducing the new measure - why I cannot do week to week with this number as they altered the method.

Patients up 93 in past 5 days though only.

England hospital deaths 3 weeks ago v 2 weeks v last week v today

32 v 61 v 76 v 137 today - is a big jump

NW:- 14 v 24 v 20 v 32 today - a significant drop in the % from NW note. Though Sunday reporting can always be a factor here.

Your‘re doing the same as the government though by somehow implying that all the dead would all be alive. Check out excess deaths to get the true picture of what’s going on.
Over 10000 people died EVERY week in England and Wales in 2019. In the winter hospitals were full, as were ICU’s, but people were treated for cancer, heart conditions and strokes, aged dementia patients had visits from families and people were dying surrounded by their loved ones. Lives were remembered and grief was allowed.
So what do you suggest? That we just don't bother and "let it rip"? That would be a novel approach not shared by any country in the world. Which leads me to believe it would be an idiotic idea.

In times like these, there is only one currency_ human life
Its a bit more complicated than that isnt it. There is a cost benefit analysis made for every disease, im just not sure they have the measures or the balance right for covid. Economics aside there are also massive social and mental cost which needs to be taken account of.

For accuracy, it would not be '4 weeks'. It is 'four in addition to around 16 weeks earlier in the year'. Around half a school year, I believe. This is not 'utterly irrelevant'. It probably is if you don't have children of school age.
We are where we are. It's an additional 4 weeks, and importantly 4 weeks where their education does not have to cease simply because they don't physically attend school.

Wales data:

Surprise surprise - there are yet more 'testing issues' making today's test numbers unreliable!

Sadly though 16 deaths here.

Cases as they are 819 at 11% positive.

Wales 3 wks ago v 2 wks v last week v today - such as you can judge given the caveat today.

Deaths 2 v 3 v 5 v 16 today

Cases 467 v 950 v 1104 v 819 today.

Positivity up to 11% from 10% last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.