COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Healdplace

Hospital numbers in England have gone up today by the way after several days of falling numbers.

This is not unusual on a Monday. But a trend we need to watch.

Patients up from 12, 291 to 12, 837 - a rise of 546 in the day. Last Monday it was 13, 445 - having risen by 231.

Ventilators also up from 1204 to 1241 - biggest rise in a few days. Last Monday it was 1259 having risen by 11.

Healdplace

The regions in hospital are less good news for the North West today. But not going to panic as it is always higher on Mondays as patients come in and often then get released quickly and so might yet fall.

LONDON Patients up 1480 to 1504 (was 1469 last wk) Ventilators up 248 to 260 (was 248 last wk)

MIDLANDS Patients up big here 2830 to 3111 (was 3121 last wk) Ventilators up 291 to 313 (was 303 last wk)

NE/YORKS Patients up 2757 to 2762 (was 3245 last wk) Ventilators down 211 to 204 (was 240 last wk)

And NORTH WEST

Patients sadly up quite a bit - from 2290 to 2444 (was 2711 last wk)

And Ventilators up 191 to 198 (was 233 last wk).

The way things go here over the next few days will be very important to watch.

BlueAnorak

The motto was supposed to be 'we are all in this together' - not 'the places someone picks out on a map are but the rest of you are not'. In a pandemic you ought to prioritise national unity not disunity.

They really should have created a war cabinet from day one and decided these things on the basis that viruses will never know they have crossed a border - be it from GM to Cheshire or England to Scotland or Wales.

Very possibly N Ireland and Ireland should have done the same on that island too.

I suspect the rest of the world think prioritising political disunity over a plan for these small islands as one was a very silly error.
If somewhere doesn't have the case numbers then it shouldn't be in tier 3 or even in tier 2 if cases are low.
If we go for a national tier 3 then the economy is stuffed. So many businesses are on the edge of extinction.

Healdplace

I know that, but as I said this is not a decision I have to make. All I can say is what I see as the best way to keep cases low until the vaccines arrive to save us. Hopefully.

But as I said earlier lives v livelihoods are an impossible choice and glad I don't have to make it as it is a no win scenario whatever you do.

ganganvince

Len Rum

domalino

I'll be honest, I find this kind of disturbing. I will be taking any vaccines, but there are tonnes of issues with this kind of rhetoric. Not a fan of this step towards health passports. Not even far off what happens in China and the social credit stuff...

I don't know why you have a problem with it.

No one is going to force you to have a vaccine, but that doesn't mean you're free from any and all consequences of that.

Just like I don't have to have a yellow fever vaccine, but if I don't get one, I can't go to half of Africa or South America.

I would be absolutely amazed if being vaccinated is not immediately a requirement to travel to any country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.