COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a heap of bollox.
0.2% False positives are the only real problem - occasionally creeping up to 4% when there are reagent problems. But really is it a problem having to isolate for 10 days?
Only for Covidiots it would seem.

You can choose to stay in the dark and be fed shit like a mushroom or you can choose to educate yourself. I don’t care what you do either way but your stats are the bollox ones!

My wife and I have been shielding since mid-March so I have had a lot of time to look into the science.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

CTID

You can choose to stay in the dark and be fed shit like a mushroom or you can choose to educate yourself. I don’t care what you do either way but your stats are the bollox ones!

My wife and I have been shielding since mid-March so I have had a lot of time to look into the science.

CTID
Which bit of science that you looked into tells you that in the middle of a Covid epidemic you have two people with respiratory symptoms in the same household and both have positive tests tell you that they are likely to be wrong?

GM Scoreboard:

Cases 510 - down from 679. 33% of NW Total 1530. 2.1% of England Total 24, 452.

3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v TODAY:- 853 v 632 v 672 v 510 TODAY

Pop Score is cases across whole pandemic v 100,000 people - rises daily but lower the better.

Weekly Pop is same measure across last 7 days only. Can rise or fall depending on if more cases or less occur today v the same day last week.

Either way Up is bad, down is good.

Manchester 99 – down from 152. Total cases 33, 530. Weekly 922. Lowest weekly number yet. Pop score up 18 to 6065. Weekly Pop down 6 to 167. This is the lowest Manchester has been in nearly 4 months.

Wigan 58 – down from 68. Total cases 18, 008. Weekly 521. Pop score up 17 to 5479. Weekly Pop down 14 to 158. Lowest weekly Pop here in 4 months.

Trafford 56 – down from 57. Yes Trafford is third worst today, But at just 57 cases the real big news is lowest 3rd place total in many weeks. Total cases 9374. Weekly 324. Pop score up 23 to 3949. Weekly Pop up 2 to 136. Going up surprisingly now for a week and the highest Pop for Trafford in 3 weeks. Trailing well behiond in 3rd place for weekly Pop and another 7 further away from Stockport who now lead by 70 in the overall Pop Score.

Oldham 50- down from 76. Total cases 15, 854. Weekly 465. Pop score up 21 to 6686. Blackburn rose by 28 to reach 7098 – highest Pop in the UK and only one in the 7000s – with Oldham now nowhere near joinung it. Weekly Pop stays at 196.

Bolton 49 down from 68. Total cases 16, 243. Weekly 436. Pop score up 17 to 5649. Weekly Pop down 5 to 152.

Stockport 48 – down from 57. Total cases 11, 383. Weekly 321. Pop score up 16 to 3879. Weekly Pop down 4 to 109. Cuts gap to Tameside for best weekly in GM to 10.

Salford 47 up from 44. Total cases 14, 318. Weekly 404. Pop score up 17 to 5531. Weekly Pop down 2 to 155.

Bury 38 – down from 40. Total cases 10, 748. Weekly 335. Pop score up 20 to 5628. Weekly Pop down 11 to 176. Has been falling a lot as cases plummet in past week.

Rochdale 35 - down from 72. Total cases 13, 813. Weekly 426. Pop score up 16 to 6211. Weekly Pop down 17 and FINALLY!!! to sub 200 at 192.

Tameside 30 – down from 45 Total cases 11, 036. Weekly 224. Lowest in GM. Pop score up 14 to 4873. Lowest rise in GM today, Weekly Pop down 1 to 99 happily sub 100 again. Just.

it is not all about cases , ignoring other things is misleading
I think you know I do no such thing.

Or I would be wasting hours posting all the data on the many other things I do not ignore - like hospital numbers, ventilators and capacity data etc.

Although many of these are well down too.

Nor do I even want GM out of tier 3 as I have said repeatedly since before the decision was made.

But those who do are entitled to see this information and ask questions regardless of what you or I prefer.

Last edited:

CTID

How can false positives be a problem when *total* positives are as low as 0.1% (NZ) and even 0.5% here ( in July)?

It just makes zero sense.

How can false positives be a problem when *total* positives are as low as 0.1% (NZ) and even 0.5% here ( in July)?

It just makes zero sense.
The ONS survey fell to 0.04% over the summer which was all pillar 1 so possibly more rigorous, but in Scotland the mixed pillar 1&2 fell to 0.1%

it is not all about cases , ignoring other things is misleading
Greater Manchester might not have passed all five tests. That doesn’t mean the Government are being even handed. Liverpool’s hospitals have been under pressure for months too so I would be surprised if they passed the requirements, if assessed objectively. We don’t have the full picture.

Being in Tier 3 is probably a benefit (on balance) in the run up to the Christmas relaxation. That only works so far if the public doesn’t have confidence in the Government’s assessments.

I fully get the frustrations but this is one of only 5 factors they are looking at.

Living in the Fylde area (you will see from the data) we have been particularly hard done to as well.
Yes I get the frustration too but so far the GM numbers are showing the wisdom for GM of staying in Tier 3.

It might change.

But I have said a few times I think Tier 3 will act as a buffer for some of the problems over Christmas.

If it does Merseyside might regret where it is come January.

Though I fully expect no real nuance then and we will get the 'all in it together' as we need to drive down numbers everywhere then.

Even if GM is on NIL by then I would expect it and I would support it because I believe it is the best way to beat this virus down until the vaccines and coming of Spring ride to the rescue.

A patchwork quilt of tiers and confusing rules is helping nobody do the right thing as it simply creates an impression of unfairness. If you split the allegiance of the people you lose the battle.

Telegraph saying Oxford Vaccine approved for 28th

Million Vaccinations a week as of next week

the 20 million most vunerable to be all done by March

that’s the good news

they have another article saying tests have shown that the new strain of covid in South East IS most contagious and they are thinking about mandating travel restrictions from tomorrow to stop the spread

Telegraph saying Oxford Vaccine approved for 28th

Million Vaccinations a week as of next week

the 20 million most vunerable to be all done by March

that’s the good news

they have another article saying tests have shown that the new strain of covid in South East IS most contagious and they are thinking about mandating travel restrictions from tomorrow to stop the spread
New strain is a headline. May be a slight mutation, but fact is the R is above one and it's now spreading exponentially. If people behaved as they should would not spread irrespective of strain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.