COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really frustrates me seeing the same people who advocate for lockdowns are people employed by the state so they won't lose their jobs or multi-millionaires who won't be affected financially.

The government have to weigh the pros and cons to a lock down.

Just my opinion of course but I think a lock down is a far worse prospect than no lockdown at all.

I am talking about peoples mental health and of course businesses who won't be able to ever recover.

Total cases for the three nations without England is a record 3592 versus 2834 last week and v 1453 the week before that.

A glimmer of hope for a plateauing effect as the increase is not as steep as it was.

There were 10’s of thousands of people marching up and down the country while the pubs & bars were still shut

Police basically admitted they were powerless to stop them

I think it’s going to be a lot harder to stop young people gathering like that this time round, they know there’s unlikely to be any consequence to them legal or health wise

the lockdown fatigue Whitty and Valance mentioned last time round is 100% here now

compliance will tank
Agreed - I suspect western governments are now listening more to what the behavioural scientists are saying rather than to what the epidemiologists are saying as this could enter a more dangerous phase in a few months with the clash between lives/economy/civil liberties are taken to the streets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really frustrates me seeing the same people who advocate for lockdowns are people employed by the state so they won't lose their jobs or multi-millionaires who won't be affected financially.

The government have to weigh the pros and cons to a lock down.

Just my opinion of course but I think a lock down is a far worse prospect than no lockdown at all.

I am talking about peoples mental health and of course businesses who won't be able to ever recover.

Everyone that's retired or doesn't work wants a lock down. Most people that have to work and pay their rent, mortgage etc don't. People have their own reasons and bias that's not going to change.

I think everyone's pretty angry, scared and frustrated at the moment. People have concerns, for their family, friends and themselves. Aside from health risks, which absolutely is the most serious, we are also dealing with the biggest change to our way of life since the second World War. It's an ever changing situation that we're still all coming to terms with and that brings with it separate challenges to mental and physical well-being.

During the summer it felt like there was light at the end of the tunnel, but things have got a little darker again recently and it's really worrying now to think about what the winter might look like.

There have been severe failings in decision making and communication throughout the pandemic. Which now leads people to question all the decisions being made. When you hear that the SAGE advice for a circuit break lockdown was ignored after everything else we've been through, its pretty hard not to worry about the decisions the government are making on our behalf.

I suspect the truth is that if things have got this bad this quickly, they are reluctant to bring in the strongest possible measures until its very much a last resort, not as a preemptive measure and that's the balance they talk about with the economy and other factors (just my take on it).

There's anger and frustration everywhere at the moment; with the situation, with the government and with each other. It's shit no matter which way you look at it. Everyone just wants to get through this and get back to some semblance of normality, even with social distancing and necessary safety measures.

I think the most depressing thing for an awful lot of people is that they have no faith in anything the government are doing, or have done pretty much throughout the pandemic. As much as I dislike Boris Johnson, no one would be happier than me to be able to turn round and say I doubted him before, but he's more than proven me wrong etc. Instead he's actually been more useless than even I would have thought, its not just him though, its the whole lightweight cabinet, serco track and trace and the billions of pounds of dodgy contracts handed out to tory contact etc. A cluster fuck of epic proportions throughout.

I would love to be positive, but the way the numbers are going and the way things have been handled so far just don't suggest things are getting any better. I sincerely hope the new tier system works and we start to see improvements in the next few weeks.

As ever a big thanks to @Healdplace @ayrshire_blue and the others that put so much time in to this thread and for all the information they provide on a daily basis. It isn't always pleasant reading, but it does help give an indication of how we're doing and where we might be headed. I just hope the numbers start to go back down and there's positive news on a vaccine soon.

Of 1429 cases in scotland

145 are in those aged 65+
12 of whom are aged 85+

85 are aged under 15
Including 33 whom are aged under 5

342 aged 15-24

857 aged 25-64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.