COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This graph shows the positive cases per 100,000 people per Lower Tier Local Authority (33 of them in the NW 'region'). I have put them into 4 broad areas (sorry Cheshire is in with Gtr Manchester). It is a 7 day rolling window.

These are cases by date of sample, not date reported. They are data up to yesterday, with 4 further days knocked off due to (highly probable) incompleteness. The colour indicates the actual number of cases cumulative.

View attachment 4108

This next graph is the Rate Of Change of those curves above. Where the line is above 0, you are still getting increasing cases per 100,000 in a seven day window but if it is tending towards zero, that rate of change is falling (i.e. heading towards plateau). Where the line is below 0 you are getting declining number of cases compared to previous data. Flat lines are plateaued, around any number.

View attachment 4110
Awful charts. What were you thinking with the thematic overlay. I wouldn't bother looking at this data either as it's very poor quality that doesn't stack up to totals. Unfortunately the only people who can do anything with the data anymore is SAGE and PHE. Anything produced from the open data world is compromised

Biggest recent daily rise in England hospital patients today.

Up 428 to 5402 Highest since 29 May. Last Monday it was 3665. A 50% increase in 7 days.

Ventilators in England hospitals up from 503 to 528 also today. Highest since 2 June.

Last week it was 426. So a rise of about 24%

Just for info that list is not current, even when the MEN published it recently it was not current. It's more a list for all schools that have secured closures due to covid-19 since the kids went back. Some of those closures happened over a month ago and have now reopened.
And there are schools that have cases that aren't published. ONS data again shows rise in school children testing testing positive:

a

my mrs is a teacher in the same authority as Etchells and the shits going to hit the fan there. Having to close the whole school after a situation that at best was fuckin stupid, or at worse criminal.
Be surprised if jobs arent lost.

and just to add, her school
Isnt on their. Not a single case as yet
Criminality is a very high bar indeed.
ONS shows sharp increase in teenagers. Schools are prime breeding grounds for this thing:

Regional hospital data:

London patients up 51 to 549 (last Monday 361) (50% rise) Ventilators up 4 to 86 (last Monday 65) (32% rise)

Midlands patients up 83 to 936 (last Monday 622) (50% rise) Ventilators up 17 to 105 (last Monday 89) (19% rise)

NE/Yorks patients up 97 to 1327 (last Monday 999) (49% rise) Ventilators down 3 to 110 (last Monday 104) (6% rise)

And North West

patients up 32 (lowest today) to 1817 (last Monday 1244 (47% rise) Ventilators up 6 to 167 (last Monday 132) (27% rise)

Last time there were this many in hospital and on ventilators in NW was for both 11 May. Just about 4 weeks after our worst day for all these measures and for deaths.

Lol loved getting a deadly virus and long covid asthma , i am over joyed, not been this happy for years

Where is the oncologist dealing in hope and
Criminality is a very high bar indeed.
ONS shows sharp increase in teenagers. Schools are prime breeding grounds for this thing:
The circumstances and The reason for the outbreak possibly meant the law was Broken

Regional scoreboard:

London 1945 - up from 1646 - highest normal London numbers yet.

Midlands 1383 - up (!) from 1382. No idea how Midlands keep doing this but it has long been common to have very similar numbers here.

North East 707 - up from 558 - but well below normal for here so looks dubious nd likely lab related like yesterday.

Yorks 2699 - DOWN from 2897.

And North West 5217 - UP from 4335 to highest NW total yet outside the day the big data dump was added from thousands of 'lost' cases a week or two ago.

The Greater Manchester contribution was 2330 of those 5217. At 45% of the NW total the highest in the county for some time. It was well down in the mid to high 30% s last week.

A mate of mine who I was out supping with on Friday has recently got in touch showing me his positive tests for covid.I`ve had a loss of taste and smell and a phlemghy chesty cough since Saturday.Phoned 119 and within 15 minutes of talking to them they got me an appointment,here in my home town.
Just waiting for the results which may come through tomorrow,as my mates did within 24 hours.Ah well looks like I`ll be watching Wednesdays game in the comfort of my own home and not my second home The George & Dragon !!

2330 cases in GM - up from 1842 yesterday and 1761 the day before And 1453 the day before that.

Thats a very startling rise over the weekend.

This is way back to where we were when Manchester had 1000 cases on a day on its own because of students. But that at least had a basis.

The highest number apart from then.

A large chunk of todays extra 2000 UK cases have been in GM.

Could not have happened at a worse moment for Andy Burnham as he really has no option now and he has to know this. We cannot just let this increase extrapolate from here.
Would it be cynical to think there has been extra testing in GM over the weekend?

A mate of mine who I was out supping with on Friday has recently got in touch showing me his positive tests for covid.I`ve had a loss of taste and smell and a phlemghy chesty cough since Saturday.Phoned 119 and within 15 minutes of talking to them they got me an appointment,here in my home town.
Just waiting for the results which may come through tomorrow,as my mates did within 24 hours.Ah well looks like I`ll be watching Wednesdays game in the comfort of my own home and not my second home The George & Dragon !!
He must have had symptoms on Fri night to have his results back by now. Bit silly giving it to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.