COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth could that be enforced when there's thousands of journeys to and fro every day ?Let alone railway commuters. In reality it's just not workable. Probably for the same reasons other borders haven't been closed within the UK.
Also I'd imagine that the tourist industry would argue strongly about the idea that it's only partially open during winter.

The same way it was inforcable in the national lockdown , we are only talking a couple of weeks , social travelling have to curtailed , it is an option to keep them safe , locals can still move aroud normally , all this is a theory , a way for those who live there and hospitality etc to stay open

track and trace need to be radically overhauled and taken out og the hands of Harding etc. The app should be compulsory for everyone, checks should be made on people asked to isolate, we are simply too liberal in this country and not strong enough.

You cant count on a vaccine.
I guess you are banking on a) everyone having a smart phone and b), the wherewithal to use it.

I suspect there is a lot in this country who don't have either

it doesn’t feel like we are all in it together to me.

i can only assume all those people shouting for greater lockdown measures don’t live in greater Manchester .

even before the tier restrictions Were announced in which we were obviously shoved straight in tier 3, we in greater Manchester had our very own special extra restrictions on our lives and livelihoods For weeks before.

these measures and restrictions were forced on us at a time when our cases were far lower than those experienced by large parts of the country including London now.

it’s people in the south applauding Germany and France for announcing more restrictions now and being decisive seemingly forget that we in Manchester have not been able to visit family and friends for months already.

meanwhile whilst our liberties are curtailed and businesses struggle our Covid rate continues to rise. strange isn’t it.
Are you all sticking strictly to the rules? I have read so much about rule breaking there .You want the vulnerable , whoever they are, locked down when they were in lockdown the longest last time and still are

It is not a north south thing for people , the government it absolutely is but i dont feel like that , we have to muddle through the winter any way we can , it is not going to be fair but we have no choice , as dont any other countries

We are all in this together and as @kaz7 says, you cannot simply say let the young uns simply live life whilst the vulnerable are kept at arms length.

Posted earlier today and I stand by it, whilst we have people who knowingly and deliberately ignore the rules, no measures will work. These people are the scourge of society and need to be punished accordingly. That should be a priority imo.
But I think you should be able to let the majority get on with their lives while protecting the vulnerable. If we could protect the vulnerable would you be in favour of others getting on with their lives.

track and trace need to be radically overhauled and taken out og the hands of Harding etc. The app should be compulsory for everyone, checks should be made on people asked to isolate, we are simply too liberal in this country and not strong enough.

The app can't be made compulsory, much as I tend to agree with your point.
Not everyone has a mobile phone, especially those most vulnerable. My parents for instance, have an old nokia that they use for emergencies only. They wouldnt know what an app was, let alone how to use it.

It’s worrying how many times on this thread you keep reading ‘until a vaccine comes along.‘

I suspect governments understandably don’t want to relay to people that even if we do get a vaccine it will not be the silver bullet everyone understand it to be in their heads. It will be another very important mitigation tool at our disposal - however, what I suspect a lot of people on here refer to as ‘the vaccine’ is actually a sterilizing vaccine which provides life long immunity which as I understand it seems very unlikely from leading scientists and the WHO.

So, the same question which in my head has always been key to getting global population compliance with immediate strategies is - what exactly is our exit strategy if we accept that this virus will probably not be eradicated for some considerable time?

I guess you are banking on a) everyone having a smart phone and b), the wherewithal to use it.

I suspect there is a lot in this country who don't have either
Make them compulsory, they are about £50 retail so give them to people who cant afford. the cost would be peanuts compared to what we have wasted.

The NHS app is anonymous.
You cannot be traced through it.
So it cannot be enforced.
It’s why people who self isolate after getting notified by it are not entitled to any financial support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.