COVID Data Thread

SCOTLAND DATA

13 deaths - was 10 last week

11,962 cases - was 7076 last week

22.6% positivity - waa 14.6% last week

859 patients - was 810 yesterday & 524 last week - a 60% rise just as in London in 7 days over Christmas

34 ventilated - was 34 yesterday & 36 last week - but again as in England these not going up with the patients

I have had enough of the posturing and bickering on the other thread and the clear hatred that some on there have for those posting numbers here - unless they are numbers they want to hear or can be reworked to look like they are. And even then you will probably be doing it wrong.

Not sure if I can be bothered carrying on at all as it was good to have days off over Christmas and I hate being caught up within the rampant toxicity that seems to have descended onto Blue Moon.

I will not post on the other thread again. That is for sure. As for here. See how I feel later. I know we are at a critical phase so I hate to stop when we might be approaching the end game.

But it is hard being told by know all blowhards I am doing this for glory (as if) and will be lost when this is over. As they could not be more wrong and I have told them so but, of course, they will never believe me as they KNOW they are right about everything.

On a football forum. Go figure.

I guess it is par for the course. But very draining to do hard yards and get abused for it. Getting too old for all that.
The trick with forums is to not be bothered what certain other members post about you or your comments. You have every right to post what you want as long as it complies with the CoC.

Either not read the ones who you feel are overly aggressive or better still put them on Ignore so you don't even know they are there. A forum is a form of social media and we all know that toxic pile ons are a staple of them.

I have had enough of the posturing and bickering on the other thread and the clear hatred that some on there have for those posting numbers here - unless they are numbers they want to hear or can be reworked to look like they are. And even then you will probably be doing it wrong.

Not sure if I can be bothered carrying on at all as it was good to have days off over Christmas and I hate being caught up within the rampant toxicity that seems to have descended onto Blue Moon.

I will not post on the other thread again. That is for sure. As for here. See how I feel later. I know we are at a critical phase so I hate to stop when we might be approaching the end game.

But it is hard being told by know all blowhards I am doing this for glory (as if) and will be lost when this is over. As they could not be more wrong and I have told them so but, of course, they will never believe me as they KNOW they are right about everything.

On a football forum. Go figure.

I guess it is par for the course. But very draining to do hard yards and get abused for it. Getting too old for all that.

Take the Bishop's move - don't let the bastards grind you down.

34 ventilated - was 34 yesterday & 36 last week - but again as in England these not going up with the patients

It's still early days, but these look increasingly very positive indeed.

The biological data on a difference in how the lungs are attacked might be playing out in reality. Could just be a very different outcome, even for those hospitalised.

Hopefully the (lack of) trend continues.

NORTHERN IRELAND DATA

1 death - was 3 last week

7215 cases - was 3286 last week

35,107 WEEKLY CASES - WAS 31,643 YESTERDAY & 18,721 LAST WEEK

BUT SADLY:-

112 CARE HOME OUTBREAKS - WAS 97 YESTERDAY & 46 LAST WEEK - THIS IS NOW BECOMING VERY MUCH A CONCERN AS IT HAS ESCLATED VERY FAST OVER CHRISTMAS AND MAY WELL TRANSLATE INTO DEATHSTOO GIVEN THE VULNERABILITY OF THOSE INVOLVED

IS THIS HAPPENING IN THE OTHER THREE NATIONS TOO IS THE BIG QUESTION?

314 patients - was 303 yesterday & 256 last week

25 ventilated - waa 24 yesterday & 25 last week

Patients not yet rising as elsewhere. But fear they will.

It's still early days, but these look increasingly very positive indeed.

The biological data on a difference in how the lungs are attacked might be playing out in reality. Could just be a very different outcome, even for those hospitalised.

Hopefully the (lack of) trend continues.
Agreed but there is always going to be lag and the Care Home rapid escalation in N Ireland above (the only nation openly posting these daily numbers) makes me concerned what has happemed elsewhere in the UK over these holidays. As these are THE most vulnerable people even of a milder variant.

TODAYS PAST 7 DAYS - 35K CASES - BY AGE IN NORTHERN IRELAND.

THE AGE SPLIT IS EVEN MORE EXACERBATED AND WHILST THE OVER 60S ARE NOTABLY RISING THEY ARE STILL COMPARATIVELY LOW AND MANY OF THE 254 ARE LIKELY TO BE FROM THE CARE HOME INCREASES

JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS THESE NUMBERS WERE UNDER 1000 BUT CASES HAVE MORE THAN DOUBLED TOO SO PROPRTIONATELY AS YET THEY ARE NOT GOING INTO WORRYING TERRITORY

THREE TIMES AS MANY 20 - 39 NOW AS 19 AND UNDER BECAUSE OF THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS.

SO IT IS A GOOD TREND THAT THE BIGGEST RISES BY FAR ARE IN THE YOUNGER AGE RANGES

1640964530332.png

Last edited:
Agreed but there is always going to be lag and the Care Home rapid escalation in N Ireland above (the only nation openly posting these daily numbers) makes me concerned what has happemed elsewhere in the UK over these holidays. As these are THE most vulnerable people even of a milder variant.

I think care home impact won't come through in ventilator numbers as those people are generally deemed too frail for mechanical ventilation to benefit. Could be wrong.

FOR COMPARISON WITH THE ABOVE:

ON 14 DECEMBER THE N IRELAND AGE RANGES TO COMPARE TO ABOVE (FROM ABOUT 11,700 CASES - A THIRD OF TODAYS) WERE

4614 // 3533 // 3001 // 538 // 82

YOU CAN SEE HOW THE AGE RANGES HAVE SWITCHED

MASSIVE RISE (TWICE WHAT THE CASES RISE WOULD REQUIRE) IN THE 20-39 AGE GROUP - BY A MILE THE ONES CATCHING OMICRON IT SEEMS

BIG FALL IN THE SCHOOL AGE NUMBERS AS NO SCHOOL TESTING

OF THE OVER 40s UP BY EXPECTED INCREASED CASE NUMBERS ONLY OR A LITTLE LESS BUT THE 60 - 79 AGE RANGE DOES SEEM TO HAVE INCREASED BY 5 TIMES - MORE THAN BY TRIPLE AS THE CASE NUMBER RISE WOULD INFER.

OVER 80s THOUGH NO REAL CHANGE. UP BY THE SAMW RATIO AS THE CASE NUMBERS SO A STABLE PERCENTAGE FOR THE MOT VULNERABLE OF ALL - WHICH IS GOOD TO SEE.

I think care home impact won't come through in ventilator numbers as those people are generally deemed too frail for mechanical ventilation to benefit. Could be wrong.
You may be right. Moving them into hospital may not be deemed in their interest.

As you can see though their numbers have tripled as cases have tripled so as yet no extra numbers in the over 80s. But there are in the 60 - 79 group.

But by far the biggest jump - double the cases rise - is in the 20 - 39 age range.

These are the ones Omicron is targetting it seems. Hence being less sick. And much as was seen in South Africa where we assumed it was a younger community causing this age disparity. But it seems to be happening the same way in the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.