Covid: Personal views

My first reaction these days are that people are cunts

There isn’t a lockdown, if those in Parliament think there is then they’re more out of touch than I’d ever thought.

Now a vaccine is in sight snd people are used to hearing about Covid etc people continue as normal. It’s chalk and cheese comparing now to March 2020.

There are a lot of selfish people out there who are downright cunts.

I've been out today, supermarket was extremely quiet, and also the most stocked it's been since the first lockdown started, the roads were pretty much dead compared to 3-4 weeks ago, hardly anyone wandering about either. It resembled early April here today, with less in the supermarket.

On our flat complex (about 400 flats), there are very few vehicle movements compared to 3 weeks ago, before we went from tier 2 to 4 in 2 days.

The station car park at the back of our flat is back to about early May levels of cars (most of them are railway staff from what I can see), so I think it's very variable for locations, but we've been (locally) on serious case numbers for 3-4 weeks now (which seem to be subsiding eventually), so the message here seems to me to be getting through.
Similar experience. No more than a handful of people on the train. Piccadilly concourse completely deserted, and Manchester streets deserted. Supermarkets empty. I forget what lockdown 1 was like but this feels seriously weird.

It might be different in suburban areas but the City centre seems very empty.

Similar experience. No more than a handful of people on the train. Piccadilly concourse completely deserted, and Manchester streets deserted. Supermarkets empty. I forget what lockdown 1 was like but this feels seriously weird.

I'm in a very suburban place, so it's not.

Contractor at work today - It's man made mate.
Me. Who made it
C. Powers who control the world behind the scenes.
Me.Who are the powers in control ?
C. Yeah nobody really know but whoever they are they made it to control the population, there are too many people on the planet. So they made it to kill millions and the old and sick.
Me. They are that clever and a bit stupid if you ask me and need a bit more planning>
C. Why.
Me. Well they came up with pretty decent Virus to run rampant around the world that they control, but then decided to locked down the world to stop the spread so that it didn't kill people.
C. Yeah it's man made mate.
Me. walks away
Fucking hell - the state of some people! If he brings it up again, it might be worth telling him that if it was designed to kill the old and sick then why are they the ones who are being given the vaccine first!

Aside from a few interesting articles re vaccines, modelling etc, the main Coronavirus thread has now veered towards authoritarianism, traffic counting and anecdotes about supermarkets. There isnt any decent debate on there anymore.

Good.

If the Prime Minister is to keep going round hospitals seen to be doing the right thing and rallying the troops, then he wants to start fucking socially distancing properly

Aside from a few interesting articles re vaccines, modelling etc, the main Coronavirus thread has now veered towards authoritarianism, traffic counting and anecdotes about supermarkets. There isnt any decent debate on there anymore.
I guess now that vaccines are rolling out all there is to chat scientifically is about new variants and any new therapeutics and news about those is slower than it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.