Covid Spot Checks At Etihad

I continue to wear my mask, even if most of the people on tram to Burnley game didn't have them.

I always ask myself, why does a surgeon wear a mask in any operation, if not to avoid the risk of spreading potential germs/infection to their patient?

I do it out of respect for the people around me and to let them know I take their health as seriously as my own.
The surgeons wear those masks primarily to stop droplet’s from the mouth or nose getting into an open wound. That mask in no way protects the surgeon. So in the situation you described you were helping others but weren’t protected yourself. If you are clean shaven then an FFP2 mask offers some protection (non valved). The important thing is to get a good seal to the skin around the edges of the mask. As I said on another post the virus is smaller than the weave, but if the mask is dry then the electro static charge increases it’s effectiveness. If the mask is damp you may as well not bother. Just thinking as we are in the rainy season.

You are correct about respect. An effective mask programme relies on everybody wearing them properly. As I’ve never seen that happen…..

There's a bloke near mine who wanders round with the mask literally round his chin with his mouth and nose not actually covered.

Not sure if he's an enormous wum or just thick as fuck.
Sounds like the idiots who spent the whole time in the airport departure terminal, plane journey and arrival hall this summer with their masks down. Weirdly they kept staring at everyone else you’d think they want to keep a low profile.

I don’t see the point in masking up for the football though tbh.

I didn’t claim it was news. I stated an opinion based on 25 years experience of selling respiratory protective equipment (from powered air and purified air to the Type IIR surgical splash masks that get handed out free as you enter a store). I’ve also had numerous conversations with designers and manufacturers at the likes of 3M. Like I said, I’m no virologist but neither am I relying on all the new experts.
Perhaps I should clarify masks being a waste of time (again, in my opinion). For masks to be effective you would sanitise your physically clean dry hands to get rid of COVID-19 and then don the mask correctly covering the mouth and nose and ensuring the bridge of the nose is shaped with the strip of plastic. You would then doff the mask carefully and place in a bin and sanitise your hands again.
As we know, most of us pull a mask out of our pocket and wander around with it not on the nose like a chin nappy. Imagine that mask, catching all those virus particles if they are as effective as you claim, and people wear them under the nose, stuff them in pockets, put them on car seats etc. It’s bollocks.
Touching contaminated surfaces is far worse. Anyway, you can be the arbiter of what is and isn’t fake news and decide if my opinion is dangerous.

There was a man 2021 years ago who was told his opinions were dangerous and his news was false. I’m not saying I’m Jesus, I’m not. But if I was him, which I’m not, this is where I would be. Protecting an impoverished fan base by expanding their horizons. I’m not saying I’m Jesus though. That’s for you to think about.
And I provided sources of scientific evidence that proves your opinion is incorrect.

Masks are scientifically proven to reduce the transmission of COVID. They protect both the wearer and others around them. This is a scientific fact.

You are more than entitled to have your own opinion. But spreading disinformation is dangerous during a pandemic.

Ffs. Another ridiculous thing.

1. Being vaccinated means fuck all.

2. They aren't going to refuse admission regardless.

It would cleary be miles more sensible to just say people have to show a negative test and if you can't, you aren't coming in

Untrue. Vaccinated people are less likely to catch and spread covid. They're also less likely to become severely ill and end up in hospital.

I agree that this exercise is pointless though.

Untrue. Vaccinated people are less likely to catch and spread covid. They're also less likely to become severely ill and end up in hospital.

I agree that this exercise is pointless though.

Being vaccinated means fuck all without an accompanying negative test and you know it, or at the very least, should.

And I provided sources of scientific evidence that proves your opinion is incorrect.

Masks are scientifically proven to reduce the transmission of COVID. They protect both the wearer and others around them. This is a scientific fact.

You are more than entitled to have your own opinion. But spreading disinformation is dangerous during a pandemic.
Whatever Stasi boy. You copied and pasted some articles. I raised some points in posts. Maybe you could search the internet for somebody else’s prescribed opinion to refute them? I’ve actually provided some useful information rather than your stop thinking for yourself approach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.