Covid

Unknown insomuch as no one knew how deadly it was going to be.

The rest of it, I don’t care anymore. The vaccines might have caused 15 minute cities and cloud seeding, but I doubt it and don’t care if people think they did, so knock yourself out spouting shite.
No need to be nasty pal.
Have a good evening.

Was looking for a bit of solidarity as I've been walloped by this latest strain (nowhere near the one I had in 2021 pre vaccine) but in 2024 there's still some grubby, petulant neck beards posting on here (as much as I hate to use the block function, I feel it's time to finally deploy....

I had a phone call from my estate agent today and mentioned I was ill (and the first person I've spoke to in over a week - mainly because I've been so breathless and the throat is fucked from coughing).

Like me, she was a runner but after catching covid she can no longer run and is on daily steroids for her lungs.

I did manage a walk tonight, but it felt like I'd just run a half marathon. The advice does seem to suggest moving though as the muscles can soon weaken.

It's marrying that up with resting (I'm so fucking exhausted). Mood is dropping by the day so hopefully I can just walk for the next week/month.

Was looking for a bit of solidarity as I've been walloped by this latest strain (nowhere near the one I had in 2021 pre vaccine) but in 2024 there's still some grubby, petulant neck beards posting on here (as much as I hate to use the block function, I feel it's time to finally deploy....

I had a phone call from my estate agent today and mentioned I was ill (and the first person I've spoke to in over a week - mainly because I've been so breathless and the throat is fucked from coughing).

Like me, she was a runner but after catching covid she can no longer run and is on daily steroids for her lungs.

I did manage a walk tonight, but it felt like I'd just run a half marathon. The advice does seem to suggest moving though as the muscles can soon weaken.

It's marrying that up with resting (I'm so fucking exhausted). Mood is dropping by the day so hopefully I can just walk for the next week/month.
Good news you’ve managed a walk today. Take the small gains and don’t overdo - you’ll soon be feeling stronger.
Ignore the cranks - they seem to ignore me!!

There’s a lot of truth in that Bill, the vaccines also gave people hope about what was an horrible and scary disease. But I think what really got the world back to normal was the disappearance of the worst strains of Covid to be replaced by the much milder variant “Omicron”. We were lucky in that respect. I was fully vaccinated but eventually stopped them once Omicron superseded the original variants. As did all my family and many people that I know.
My son caught COVID in the early days and is only just shaking off its effects. I’ll happily take any vaccine on the basis of risk/benefit. At the moment I don’t take the flu or shingles vaccines either but may well do so as I get older and more infirm.
As you say it’s a pity that these matters have become ideological for some. Vaccines are for the public good.
Lol
'Wake up'- The Danse Society....December 1983....

The trouble is there is not an ounce of evidence for your lunatic ramblings but you carry on doing it. People will insult you out of exasperation, cos you deserve it.
I think this is the crux KS.
I personally get very annoyed at these anti-vaxxers. And it's obvious others do, I haven't chucked any insults but I fucking well feel like doing sometimes at anti-vaxxers.
My own take is, we are the lucky one's, living in the 1st world (as it's known) with money to invest in mass immunisation and free health care, I remember the Polio outbreak when I was a kid, queueing up at the clinic in Stalybridge, how great that that terrible disease was more or less irradicated.

These anti-vaxxers should thank their lucky stars they don't live in a third world society where there were no vaccines, no free health care, people just die.
In Australia there were loads of vax left over so our Gov. shipped them over to Indonesia and places like PNG, Vanuatu etc. where they didn't have vaccines as they are poor.
We are the lucky one's.

I'm not surprised there are insults thrown at anti-vaxxers when they try to push their agenda. Fair enough if you want to believe in fairies and conspiracies but don't try to sell it, that's where they go wrong.

I think this is the crux KS.
I personally get very annoyed at these anti-vaxxers. And it's obvious others do, I haven't chucked any insults but I fucking well feel like doing sometimes at anti-vaxxers.
My own take is, we are the lucky one's, living in the 1st world (as it's known) with money to invest in mass immunisation and free health care, I remember the Polio outbreak when I was a kid, queueing up at the clinic in Stalybridge, how great that that terrible disease was more or less irradicated.

These anti-vaxxers should thank their lucky stars they don't live in a third world society where there were no vaccines, no free health care, people just die.
In Australia there were loads of vax left over so our Gov. shipped them over to Indonesia and places like PNG, Vanuatu etc. where they didn't have vaccines as they are poor.
We are the lucky one's.

I'm not surprised there are insults thrown at anti-vaxxers when they try to push their agenda. Fair enough if you want to believe in fairies and conspiracies but don't try to sell it, that's where they go wrong.
I don’t pay them much attention, that’s what they’re looking for. They’re dumb ………. However the more you give them attention, the more it makes them feel empowered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.