Cricket Thread

That was a far more pleasant day out - cloud cover was very nice.
The game was attritional - everyone having to work hard for runs and wickets.
Last WI wicket was frustrating - but thankfully Joseph started to get impatient when Da Silva was eyeing a century. Da Silva was furious with Jospeh's last two hits.

Great innings from Root and Brooks - nothing fancy from either of them just good steady run building. Tomorrow will be a good day - I wish I could take Monday off work as I think this will go into 5th day. - but too many commitments to manage that.

BBC Sport says that Glamorgan will no longer play cricket at Swansea as the ground isn't up to standard That's a shame. It's the ground where Sobers once hit six 6's in an over. A few years later I saw Lancs' Frank Hayes hit 32 in an over off the same bowler, Malcolm (?) Nash. When Nash came up the pavilion steps a bit later he was muttering "never bloody again."

BBC Sport says that Glamorgan will no longer play cricket at Swansea as the ground isn't up to standard That's a shame. It's the ground where Sobers once hit six 6's in an over. A few years later I saw Lancs' Frank Hayes hit 32 in an over off the same bowler, Malcolm (?) Nash. When Nash came up the pavilion steps a bit later he was muttering "never bloody again."

Was that the place? What struck me about the clip, I remember, was the ground was pretty empty (midweek county match, already crowds were thinning in the sixties, whatever anyone might think). So those who say they were there to see it are a bit like the York Awayers!
Interesting, isn't it, to see that Stokes has very recently joined an elite circle that includes only two other players: Sobers, and Kallis?

5 in the last 10 years though suggests it’s becoming more commonplace.

You know, just a query to all and sundry. When I see the ECB summaries on Youtube, the outfields look incredibly fast to me these days. I just get the impression that, in England in particular, they've got faster. Different turf technology? Drier climate? I just don't know. Some of the ropes look pretty close in, too, although that presumably cannot have varied over the years.

You know, just a query to all and sundry. When I see the ECB summaries on Youtube, the outfields look incredibly fast to me these days. I just get the impression that, in England in particular, they've got faster. Different turf technology? Drier climate? I just don't know. Some of the ropes look pretty close in, too, although that presumably cannot have varied over the years.
The rope being 5 yards in from the advertising boards you mean? Yes, definitely smaller. When was the last run four (discounting overthrows) you saw? Hardly ever happens now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.