Cricket Thread

You know, just a query to all and sundry. When I see the ECB summaries on Youtube, the outfields look incredibly fast to me these days. I just get the impression that, in England in particular, they've got faster. Different turf technology? Drier climate? I just don't know. Some of the ropes look pretty close in, too, although that presumably cannot have varied over the years.
Drainage is definitely better on U.K. grounds. Boundaries are definitely smaller too. You don see players running into the gates anymore!

Bats are bigger and players can hit the ball harder as a result.

Pretty thin crowd, a lot of punters not expecting a fourth day it seems
Yeah think they should have had the same pricing as tomorrow. £55 the cheapest ticket today. Not really cheap enough to get people to come on a whim. Get them in and they’ll spend 80 quid on food and beer - like I did yesterday haha. Great day

Yeah think they should have had the same pricing as tomorrow. £55 the cheapest ticket today. Not really cheap enough to get people to come on a whim. Get them in and they’ll spend 80 quid on food and beer - like I did yesterday haha. Great day

I was looking at the pricing for the OT test and it’s ridiculous really unless you want to plonk yourself in the dry family stand

BBC Sport says that Glamorgan will no longer play cricket at Swansea as the ground isn't up to standard That's a shame. It's the ground where Sobers once hit six 6's in an over. A few years later I saw Lancs' Frank Hayes hit 32 in an over off the same bowler, Malcolm (?) Nash. When Nash came up the pavilion steps a bit later he was muttering "never bloody again."
Yes and at the same time the Osprey’s rugby team are taking over St Helens as their new base moving from the Swansea.com stadium.
On another note I also remember watching that great Lancs team at that ground in the lovely old days of John Player League on a Sunday.

It's funny really, In football broadcasters are not allowed to show live 3pm kick-offs because of fans not going to the games and watching at home instead, But in cricket, everybody knows the test matches are live on Sky.

Prices are not cheap to go and watch live in the stands, even just for a day never mind 5 days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.