Cristiano Ronaldo

adrianr said:
bugsyblue said:
I can see this happening unfortunately. Ronaldo thrives off his ego and he knows Messi has the beating of him in Spain. He wants desperately to win the Ballon D'Or and to do that he would probably need to keep the same level and for his team to win the league and the champions league. This won't happen at Madrid. If he came to United, horrible as it sounds, it's feasible. Certainly he has the potential to be the best player in England. He is also adored at United, unlike at Madrid where it is mixed.

The only plus for us is Fergie retiring. I think if he stayed then Ronaldo would be back there.

Hopefully Madrid will convince him to stay another year and then after that I'm not worried. Moyes may be found out (not saying he will fail but he is certainly more likely to without Ronaldo in his team) and Ronaldo will be close to 30.

You see Moyes doing a league and champions league double? Could I perhaps get the number for your dealer?

With Ronaldo in his team I see it as more likely than Madrid doing the double, yes.

bugsyblue said:
adrianr said:
bugsyblue said:
I can see this happening unfortunately. Ronaldo thrives off his ego and he knows Messi has the beating of him in Spain. He wants desperately to win the Ballon D'Or and to do that he would probably need to keep the same level and for his team to win the league and the champions league. This won't happen at Madrid. If he came to United, horrible as it sounds, it's feasible. Certainly he has the potential to be the best player in England. He is also adored at United, unlike at Madrid where it is mixed.

The only plus for us is Fergie retiring. I think if he stayed then Ronaldo would be back there.

Hopefully Madrid will convince him to stay another year and then after that I'm not worried. Moyes may be found out (not saying he will fail but he is certainly more likely to without Ronaldo in his team) and Ronaldo will be close to 30.

You see Moyes doing a league and champions league double? Could I perhaps get the number for your dealer?

With Ronaldo in his team I see it as more likely than Madrid doing the double, yes.

and more importantly, your dealers number please... Tulisa has been busted

1kinkladze said:
bugsyblue said:
adrianr said:

and more importantly, your dealers number please... Tulisa has been busted

Haha, I hope I'm very high and very wrong! But seriously if United sign Ronaldo they will win the league and of course they could win the champs league. I mean Chelsea won it two seasons ago!

Pigeonho said:
Dirty Harry said:
Pigeonho said:
Many said 'make Mario our Ronaldo'. That went well.
You would have to be a bit weird in my opinion, to not want Ronaldo at the club - all because he once played for United.

I don't think it's soley down to that bud, his dismissive and disparaging comments over time and his attitude haven't helped either, and whereas others who've joined us haven't been too kind in the past, it's not been as bad, when you add everything together in Ronaldo's case it's easier to see why people don't want him (personally I'd have him yesterday though).
At the end of the day though, who cares? It's fair to say that some of the bigger names in our squad had probably never heard of us a few years ago, and certainly didn't go to sleep at night in their City jim-jams when they were kids. Some might have heard of us and laughed at how shit we were, but who cares? Too many people get too defensive about such things, and seem to forget that to the players this is just a job. Ronaldo could have said he hopes we get relegated for all I care, but when he's banging in his 35th of the season and has made equally silly remarks about Moyes, it will all be worth it. Players say things to rile opposition fans, just like fans do. It's just a job to them. I've said it before and i'll say it again. Anyone who wouldn't have Ronaldo for whatever reason, mustn't want what's best for the club. Ronaldo = a genuine crack at winning the CL. That's how simple it is.

Supporting a club isn't just about winning trophies. If that's how you think then your turning into a glory hunter. Rather our fans retain our dignity. If we don't remember where we come from we'll end up like the rags we hate.

M24 Citizen said:
Pigeonho said:
Dirty Harry said:
I don't think it's soley down to that bud, his dismissive and disparaging comments over time and his attitude haven't helped either, and whereas others who've joined us haven't been too kind in the past, it's not been as bad, when you add everything together in Ronaldo's case it's easier to see why people don't want him (personally I'd have him yesterday though).
At the end of the day though, who cares? It's fair to say that some of the bigger names in our squad had probably never heard of us a few years ago, and certainly didn't go to sleep at night in their City jim-jams when they were kids. Some might have heard of us and laughed at how shit we were, but who cares? Too many people get too defensive about such things, and seem to forget that to the players this is just a job. Ronaldo could have said he hopes we get relegated for all I care, but when he's banging in his 35th of the season and has made equally silly remarks about Moyes, it will all be worth it. Players say things to rile opposition fans, just like fans do. It's just a job to them. I've said it before and i'll say it again. Anyone who wouldn't have Ronaldo for whatever reason, mustn't want what's best for the club. Ronaldo = a genuine crack at winning the CL. That's how simple it is.

Supporting a club isn't just about winning trophies. If that's how you think then your turning into a glory hunter. Rather our fans retain our dignity. If we don't remember where we come from we'll end up like the rags we hate.

Remind me again Pigeonho how many times Ronaldo and Real Madrid have won the Champions League .. oh thats right .. Never .. We have about as much a chance with the players we have and are gonna get as we do without him .. A choice between the 2 .. without him. I think we keep forgetting about the quality of players we already have and those players we do have are world beaters on their day .. just need the consistency now ..

Supporting a club isn't just about winning trophies.

It is for me I am nearly 60 and have spent most of my life watching dross I want trophy after trophy please no exceptions don't give a shit whether glory hunter or plastic fan.

I don't understand why so many on here are shit scared about Tranny going back to United.

1) He will find the Premier League more difficult after his years in Spain
2) Sralex has gone
2) He is still a great player but his very best years are behind him
3) He was never that brilliant against us and we are much better now.
4) Next season we will be outstanding!!!

What's this I hear about some person who works for mutv who tweeted about Ronaldo going to the rags and then deleted it?

Some numpty getting giddy about it on comments section of Daily Fail article.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.