Cristiano Ronaldo

M24 Citizen said:
Pigeonho said:
Dirty Harry said:
I don't think it's soley down to that bud, his dismissive and disparaging comments over time and his attitude haven't helped either, and whereas others who've joined us haven't been too kind in the past, it's not been as bad, when you add everything together in Ronaldo's case it's easier to see why people don't want him (personally I'd have him yesterday though).
At the end of the day though, who cares? It's fair to say that some of the bigger names in our squad had probably never heard of us a few years ago, and certainly didn't go to sleep at night in their City jim-jams when they were kids. Some might have heard of us and laughed at how shit we were, but who cares? Too many people get too defensive about such things, and seem to forget that to the players this is just a job. Ronaldo could have said he hopes we get relegated for all I care, but when he's banging in his 35th of the season and has made equally silly remarks about Moyes, it will all be worth it. Players say things to rile opposition fans, just like fans do. It's just a job to them. I've said it before and i'll say it again. Anyone who wouldn't have Ronaldo for whatever reason, mustn't want what's best for the club. Ronaldo = a genuine crack at winning the CL. That's how simple it is.

Supporting a club isn't just about winning trophies. If that's how you think then your turning into a glory hunter. Rather our fans retain our dignity. If we don't remember where we come from we'll end up like the rags we hate.

agreed

I personally think Ronaldo will head to France,....I know he's rich already, but if the Story about a sixty million pound signing on fee if he runs his contract down is true,...then it is very difficult to turn down that amount of cash.

The rumour was it was offered by a newly rich club,..surely has to be either PSG or Monaco, and if it's Monaco it would be tax free.

He'll be 30 when his Madrid contract runs out, Monaco should be in the Champions League by then, and he has played for his boyhood idols.

The comments by Mourinho were also interesting, saying that Ronaldo "knows it all", I can't see that kind of attitude going down well with Moyes at Utd, it would basically mean that Rooney (if he stays) and Ronaldo would both be bigger influences than the manager, the dressing room would be in chaos.

I wouldn't be worried about Ronaldo going to Utd or staying at Madrid, he is a great player, but in a couple of seasons it will nearly all be over for him anyway.

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
samharris said:
It's no way near that simple.

As Jose found out..

Exactly. He's won it once in 10 years.
Twice.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:31 pm --<br /><br />
kun said:
samharris said:
As Jose found out..

Exactly. He's won it once in 10 years.
Twice.
Unless you mean Ronaldo, if so, forget what I wrote

Jimfv1 said:
I personally think Ronaldo will head to France,....I know he's rich already, but if the Story about a sixty million pound signing on fee if he runs his contract down is true,...then it is very difficult to turn down that amount of cash.

The rumour was it was offered by a newly rich club,..surely has to be either PSG or Monaco, and if it's Monaco it would be tax free.

He'll be 30 when his Madrid contract runs out, Monaco should be in the Champions League by then, and he has played for his boyhood idols.

The comments by Mourinho were also interesting, saying that Ronaldo "knows it all", I can't see that kind of attitude going down well with Moyes at Utd, it would basically mean that Rooney (if he stays) and Ronaldo would both be bigger influences than the manager, the dressing room would be in chaos.

I wouldn't be worried about Ronaldo going to Utd or staying at Madrid, he is a great player, but in a couple of seasons it will nearly all be over for him anyway.
Ronaldo is good for maybe 2 seasons. From his leaps at corners, to the surging runs on the counter-attack, his game rests on his athleticism.

Utd unlike any other club, can buy for the short term. We saw that last Summer with RVP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.