Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am thinking that. Also thinking PSG if they sell Mbappe. I don't think Utd need a striker as much as we do. They have Cavani and Rashford. I think Ronaldo the player would want City because City need an out and out striker and have fantastic assists that guarantee a supply line. If he wants a final glorious season, City is the place but I do think he could get other offers including one from Man Utd. They'd break the bank I think to take him back. This seems likely from an economic point of view but it makes no footballing sense for Ronaldo or Man Utd. But sometimes that doesn't matter. So yes that should worry us if we want him. Kane is still my no. 1 target.
Also why would Ronaldo want to play under Solskar rather than Pep. Play for has been also rans rather than the Champions? Makes no sense whatsoever.

€25m for this guy vs €150m for Kane, feels to me like that €25m is better value.
On paper yes but you have to factor in wages, let's say hypothetically Kane is on £350k + bonuses, Ronaldo would more than likely be looking at around £550k + bonuses.

it would certainly boost the exposure for the club? We would get a huge influx of new fan boys which although we find annoying, they would put money into the club buying his shirt etc?

You'd like to think Ronaldo is a slightly more humble and maturer person than the one of 10 years ago, realising this is his last chance of going out in a blaze of glory as it were, so he would fully buy into the Pep aesthetic of working hard as a team, he would also know from discussions with Dias, Cancelo, and Bernado what he's like as a man, and a manager, I'm sure there would be a high level of respect for each other's achievements.
Forget his history with UTD, if he can do a job for us for even just a year and come away with some decent silverware, then I don't have any issue with him playing for City.
Me neither. It could be another 'Tevez' moment albeit for a season!

You'd like to think Ronaldo is a slightly more humble and maturer person
I really don't think of that adjective with that person.
I am not a big fan but more to the point I think he's well past his best, although I don't like him I have to concede that his best was pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.