Crvena Zvezda (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

There is a weird juxtaposition though. We played pretty well last night and created loads, whilst we didn’t look like we were trying very hard!

We’ve reached a stage where we will comfortably, but should have put up a cricket score.

Come the end of the season, this game will have been forgotten.
Looks like it has been forgotten already - only 24 pages in this thread

That’s because the majority of the match day forum fuck off the second it’s clear we are going to win and they won’t be able to do their favourite thing.. whinge.
It’s far easier to spot mistakes than to praise good play.

I guess there was nothing extraordinary that happened last night. Just relentless movement of the ball waiting for gaps.

Us Brits do like a moan though!

Feel like something is between the big Norse cyborg's ears of late. Feel like he is gripping a bit to tightly, IDK.
Ironically it helps solve a problem we all assumed we'd have with him... relying too heavily on him: seems others are more than happy to pick up the slack and he's shown more roundedness in being willing to pass, hold up and be another part of the offense than just the bayonet end.
Give it a game or two not only will we be getting a few goals and brace here and there from others, our Norse meat shield is going to find that Zen Zone and bury those 3-5 chances he's been missing of late.

I had streaming issues so literally managed about 10mins of the first half. Watching the highlights, Erl and Phil were inches away, their keeper also made some decent saves.

Loved the insane angle of Hooolian's first goal, lovely finish. His second one was a great free kick, probably did come off the keeper, but all credit to the lad.

I asked if Rodri's goal was a thunderbastard! What lovely placement from the best CDM in football. I don't think we've necessarily hit top gear yet, but with the impressive showings of the new signings, as well as injuries to key players, we're only going get better. In Doku, we've got a real diamond.

Who knew young Hooolian was a playmaking dynamo?!

It’s far easier to spot mistakes than to praise good play.

I guess there was nothing extraordinary that happened last night. Just relentless movement of the ball waiting for gaps.

Us Brits do like a moan though!
It’s the lack of faith some have in this team to correct any first half issues that gets on my tits.
It’ll never change though so I have to get used to it, wallowing in misery is a full time job for some so I guess I should be grateful of my sunny outlook.. :-)

CZ is as poor a team as I have seen in the CL for a while and if we had taken our chances (story of the season so far) then double figures wouldn't have been beyond the realms of possibility. Winning a corner for them would have been a reason for celebration so the fact they scored a goal was something they probably didn't expect. Even Antwerp at Barca managed a couple of corners and 30% possession although they were hammered 5-0 so maybe a means to an end etc. Very comfortable, although Gomez showed again that he just isn't good enough for us, Bobb looks more than useful, Julian is even better than I thought he was, Erling whilst not scoring is causing all sorts of problems and leaving so much room for others (what an assist) and Doku looks the business. Pity about Silva, hopefully he will be back before too long.

Feel like something is between the big Norse cyborg's ears of late. Feel like he is gripping a bit to tightly, IDK.
Ironically it helps solve a problem we all assumed we'd have with him... relying too heavily on him: seems others are more than happy to pick up the slack and he's shown more roundedness in being willing to pass, hold up and be another part of the offense than just the bayonet end.
Give it a game or two not only will we be getting a few goals and brace here and there from others, our Norse meat shield is going to find that Zen Zone and bury those 3-5 chances he's been missing of late.
He's in his own head a bit. It's all good. Shows he's only human after all. The numbers he's putting up are still we exceptional, but he's missing big chances. It's not something we want to happen all season, but has it's upsides as well.

I wouldn't want to be Forest though as when it clicks he's going to do some serious damage to someone.

Had Jonathan Pearce commentating on my stream last night.
Kyle Walker called Des.
City scored the most more PL goals team but not top yet.
Mentioned our spending 3 times...cost of squad compared to RBB, cost of our subs and something else he muttered about that slip my memory.
I felt something odd about his commentary, I actually wondered if he was at the ground or watching in a studio somewhere. Sounded like he couldn't be bothered.
Apart from this I thought he was OK last night. He was full of praise for us and I liked his little story about his old mum used to sing bluemoon to him as a nipper.
He's obviously a Londoner, but I've always wondered who he supports.

Apart from this I thought he was OK last night. He was full of praise for us and I liked his little story about his old mum used to sing bluemoon to him as a nipper.
He's obviously a Londoner, but I've always wondered who he supports.
Yes, to be fair, apart from the "bingo bits" and the gaffs, he did give fair praise to City.
I believe he supports Bristol City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.