Crystal Palace (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's about getting a win on Saturday. Rotating 90% isnt a good idea as we saw v Leeds which resulted in more pressure afterwards.
So a balance is needed and i hope Pep will pick a strong enough side to get the win.
No I will be very angry with Pep if he doesn't rest at least 6 from last night on Saturday. I don't see us losing even with a weakened team and expect us to be more compact than against Leeds. Even if we lose there is a good chance the dippers will take points off the rags so no pressure is likely to build. Tuesday is a massive game now and we can't afford to go out of the competition because players are injured or fatigued after lining out against Palace.We need the lads from last night to get themselves mentally and physically right for one last push on Tuesday.

Technicalities still exist - never over until we get over the line. To do that we must win on Saturday. I think you're looking for 100% rotation which is unrealistic . Plus , you seem to be obsessed with CL . I'd be happy to win it but the PL is way more important. Difference of opinion that is all.

Ahh now we get to it.

Our “reserve” team narrowly losing to one of Europe’s best teams in a Wembley sf should not prejudice us against picking the same team against a struggling side with not much to play for at the weekend.

Like I said the CL is more important to you it seems. Nothing wrong with that.
Even to those it’s not important to it’s blatantly obvious that with a 10 point lead and 3 games in 6 days resting players for the least important game is a must. Not to mention we’ve already heard this season about the science with regards to recovery from Weds night to Saturday morning games.

He’ll make at least 9 outfield changes, possible 10.

He wouldn’t get in our match day squad unless Pep had complete trust in him to perform when needed.
He’s a good professional, he gets a wage and he’ll play the game if told to do so.

Please forgive me for preferring to rely on the opinion of a no-nothing bald bell-end like Pep when I could do the clever thing and take on board your totally hate free and marvellously expert opinion.

Er - it’s a fan’s comment thread and people have differing opinions. You need to get over yourself- in my opinion of course

No I will be very angry with Pep if he doesn't rest at least 6 from last night on Saturday. I don't see us losing even with a weakened team and expect us to be more compact than against Leeds. Even if we lose there is a good chance the dippers will take points off the rags so no pressure is likely to build. Tuesday is a massive game now and we can't afford to go out of the competition because players are injured or fatigued after lining out against Palace.We need the lads from last night to get themselves mentally and physically right for one last push on Tuesday.
Agree with much of that. I dont think there'll be anything to get angry about because Pep will definitely rotate to rest players but I'm guessing it wont be the same side v Leeds. A more cohesive unit needed for Saturday ,defensively at least .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.