Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

Haaland absolutely amazing. Bernardo my MOTM. Gundogan and Alvarez both great.

But surely these last two games are proof enough for Pep to abandon Walker at CM. Stupid decision that made us too narrow against Newcastle and too narrow again today. As soon as Walker went wide again in the second half we ran like clockwork and went through the gears with ease. Hope he never bothers with it again.

Thought we missed Grealish in the first half - we always miss his ability to organise the rest of the lads by being patient - but by the end we were completely on top. That strange system Pep went for with Foden at LWB really seemed to do the trick. Fair play to Pep for changing it.
You have a point though I think Stones is as much to blame.

I agree with this, both Sterling and Jesus were fantastic players for us, but both had their limitations. Haaland seems like he is a level or two above as a goal scorer (the other two did a lot of things Haaland probably doesn’t as much, to be fair).

I thought it was telling that on the day Haaland got a hatttrick, Sterling needed a deflection to score his goal.
My only slight reservation is that KDB seemed to be just punting long balls into the box rather than the more accurate passing style he usually has. Obviously that was the instruction, but it's not going to work every time. Result was we gave a lot of balls away in the first half.

He may have a point. But then that other fat idiot tried to convince a few school children that Pep wouldn't make it in the Premier league. Do people pay for this twaddle.
So he isn't saying Haaland won't score goals, but what he is saying is Haaland won't live up to expectations. Seems odd, because the expectations are that he'll score goals - so what exactly is he saying?

To be fair, I got bored with it after 3 minutes.

Commentator said without a doubt stones scuffed his shot , anyone else think if we played in red it would have been a fantastic team goal ? It looked like a pass to me
Eccles, was it a scuffed shot or a David Silva slide rule pass to Odin ?
She will provide the definitive answer !

Wow. City back to giving me a heart attack and raised blood pressure.

Some resilience to play poorly and give a two goal lead against twice in a row and not lose either… sign off champions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.