Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

2ND HALF, mahres and cancelo was withdrawn for Gundo and Alvares for respectively. Pep reverted to the starting formation,an ultra offensive 2-2-5-1 , he employed against bournemoth that produced 3 goals in first half. However with a little tweak to 3-1-5-1. walker dropped from inverted full back position to become the 3rd centre half and Rodri patrolled the middle as a single pivot. Foden was a right wing back. With 5 players now running into crystal 18 yard box the oppositon carve in and conceded 4 goals

Attachments

• Picture2.png
    Picture2.png
    12 KB · Views: 27
First half we seemed to move the ball too slow and Palace were well drilled as they were away at Liverpool in dealing with things.

Second half Bernardo took the game by scruff of the neck and a few others followed suit. Great to see an out and out forward in Haaland being in the right place and finishing with ease.

We were shite for most of the first half, only berny seemed arsed, and then he dragged us back into the game, walker, and dias were terrible, foden and kev abject

Let us not gloss over most of the players were sub par, berny and haaland dug us out of a bang average performance
Yeah OK, lets just moan about the bits when we're shit instead of enjoying the ride. FFS.

I'd take a fucking bang average 4-2 win every week.

2ND HALF, mahres and cancelo was withdrawn for Gundo and Alvares for respectively. Pep reverted to the starting formation,an ultra offensive 2-2-5-1 , he employed against bournemoth that produced 3 goals in first half. However with a little tweak to 3-1-5-1. walker dropped from inverted full back position to become the 3rd centre half and Rodri patrolled the middle as a single pivot. Foden was a right wing back. With 5 players now running into crystal 18 yard box the oppositon carve in and conceded 4 goals
3 things we learn
1. kyle walker is less effective as an inverted full back and pep should discontinue it.
2.Haaland plays better with Gundo as a no 10.
3. Gomes suprised me with his ball playing ability will give walker a run.

He was awful, carried by bernado who had to play the righr wing role as mahrez went missing (I am in the corner he operates in first half, trust me he was shite)
Bollocks. Did well on the ball several times, usually had no room to get the cross in and lacking support behind him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.