Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

We weren’t that bad in the first half. We were just too slow and de Bruyne was too high up the pitch.

All we needed to do was inject a bit more energy into the game,

All Palace did all game was cross two balls into our box and the ball ended up in the net on both occasions. And just before their second goal, Ayew pushed his forearm into Cancelo’s mush so we should have had a free kick and Ayew should have been booked rather than them get a corner that they scored from.

But then we wouldn’t have had that excitement of coming from two goals down… again!

Haaland is a machine. Alvarez is like a wasp, his energy is incredible. Bernardo was brilliant.

What was up with Walker at the final whistle? Saw his arse, booted the ball at the crowd and stormed off straight down the tunnel flinging his arms in the air.

Walker should defend the counter pass it wide to or cross field pass! Don’t try and be Kdb Silva of gundogan

I don't agree that city got schooled in the first half
We were in an attacking sense, we created very little due to their control of our attacking players. We controlled the ball for long periods, but did nothing with it other than crab from side to side. KdB couldn't do anything, and their organisation controlled Foden, Mahrez, and Haaland.

We've been doing this with the full backs since Pep arrived, effectively playing 244 on the attack, I'm not quite sure how so many people haven't noticed until yesterday.
Noticed it plenty fella and that tactic hasn't been used in all of Peps games since he arrived, so don't really know what you mean.

We were in an attacking sense, we created very little due to their control of our attacking players. We controlled the ball for long periods, but did nothing with it other than crab from side to side. KdB couldn't do anything, and their organisation controlled Foden, Mahrez, and Haaland.

They were extremely well organised and denied us space very effectively but Pep said after the match that some of our plaers were not in position as per our gameplan so I am going to continue to disagree on the schooling bit but we don't need a semantics debate :-)

I don't agree that city got schooled in the first half but Vieira is not a dickhead and, as you say, he went with the best ttactics he could given his resources. His team did get very lucky though with both goals. However, he had them well drilled and organised. I'm sure his former bosses and MCFC are keeping a close eye on his progress.
I fucking hate time-wasting, but if a referee allows a team to get away with it, then you can’t really blame a team and its manager for employing such tactics.

For those wondering, the booing was for the ref allowing Palace to get away with blatant time-wasting. At least, it was from me.

On another note, the tactical brilliance of Pep was highlighted in his decision to take off Cancelo and Mahrez and replace them with Álvarez and Gündoğan, and go three at the back with Foden and Silva as wing-backs.

Then, once the game was won, return to a back four by replacing Håland with Gomez.

Pure genius.

I fucking hate time-wasting, but if a referee allows a team to get away with it, then you can’t really blame a team and its manager for employing such tactics.

For those wondering, the booing was for the ref allowing Palace to get away with blatant time-wasting. At least, it was from me.

On another note, the tactical brilliance of Pep was highlighted in his decision to take off Cancelo and Mahrez and replace them with Álvarez and Gündoğan, and go three at the back with Foden and Silva as wing-backs.

Then, once the game was won, return to a back four by replacing Håland with Gomez.

Pure genius.
Or perhaps he logged into the Matchday forum where that information was freely available…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.