Crystal Palace (H) - Sat 27th Aug 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only question on starting eleven is whether we start with Bernardo or Gundogan. Palmer I'd like to see given a chance but there will be plenty of matches and opportunities.

I did wonder whether Pep would be tempted into a back three given our lack of centre backs and also gives the ability to accommodate Bernardo, Gundogan and Kev together - walker can play there and his speed is very useful against the hit and run tactics palace will employ - but it means potentially losing cancelo coming in from the left or playing him as a left sided centre back which we all know he'll abandon after 5 seconds and you end up with stones or Dias stood alone. But overall I don't think he'll mess too much here, and given palace will likely play for set pieces also then Dias and stones, plus Rodri, stay in for me.

Key is the first goal, if they get it then a tough afternoon ahead, if we get it before half an hour then I fancy Haaland to have a 3 course meal over 90 mins.

I agree but West Ham and Bournemouth did not press us high, Newcastle did.
They did, but a lot of our problems came when we lost the ball up high ourselves and they counter-attacked.

I agree but West Ham and Bournemouth did not press us high, Newcastle did.
Yeah, pretty clear Walker should sit deeper alongside the centre halves the majority of the time against quick counter attacking sides. Almost cost us completely last week but made for a fantastic game

100%. Zaha being out is a bonus for us though. He is their main man by a country mile, Our lads will be happy his name isn't on the team sheet that's for sure.

But as you said either way we would be the better team. Just go out and get the job done that's all that matters. We are due a win against Palace.
I think he will play it’s just mind games from Pat

A bang at it City beat a bang at it Palace.
They had a lot go their way last season.
We won't get burnt again.

City 3 Palace 0

Ederson
Walker stones Dias cancelo
Kdb Rodri gundogan
Bernardo haaland grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.