CSKA Moscow v City - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
moscow know the only way they can compete with us , will be on a shit tip of a pitch , a great leveller . As previously mentioned just play the big lads and the players who will get stuck in , not a game for silva,aguero,nasri,navas save them for the other russian on sunday. Team for wed HART , RICHARDS , LESCOTT , NASTY , CLICHY - ZABS , YAYA , GARCIA , MILNER - NEGREDO , DZEKO , wimbledon style , kick the shit out of them .

I know that, realistically, we have to beat C.S.K.A. twice to have a chance of getting out of the group

In my opinion the league is still the one to win though. 

For that reason, (Plus the, expected dodgy state of the pitch)  I would only give 3 or 4 of the probable starters against Chelsea, on Sunday, a game in Moscow  

Hart 

Boyata 
Lescot
Richards 
Kolorov

Milner 
Fernandinho 
Garcia 
Jovetic (F)
Nasri 

Dzeko (L)

Subs
Pants 
Zabba 
Nasty 
Yaya
Silva
Negredo 
Navas

Result C.S.K.A. 1-2 CITY

Need to get at least a draw tonight to make the rest of the group stage easier, so whilst agreeing that we need to save something for Sunday, we also need to put out a side strong enough to do the business tonight as well. For me:-

Hart

Zabba
Garcia
Lescott
Kolarov

Milner
Fern
Yaya

Nasri
Jovetic

Dzeko

Would have been nice to have Gaz Baz available to give Yaya or Fern a break

BringBackSwales said:
Need to get at least a draw tonight to make the rest of the group stage easier, so whilst agreeing that we need to save something for Sunday, we also need to put out a side strong enough to do the business tonight as well.

Agree with this. I think he'll play a strong side tonight, the strongest team available at Chelsea, a similar side in the League Cup at Newcastle to the one in the previous round against Wigan, and then a strong team with one or two rested when we face Norwich in the league. And if he does that, it will be sensible IMO. (Translation - this is what I'd do!)

I've watched CSKA quite a lot on telly and IMO we're definitely a better side but I'm a bit worried that the pitch will negate our extra quality. I'm still hoping for the win but I don't think a point tonight would be too bad a result.

From Twitter - usual disclaimers apply:

‏@footballisfixed
Underground bookies in Moscow are refusing to accept any trades on #MCFC v CSKA Moscow tonight! Now what does that tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.