CSKA Moscow v City - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just avoid defeat tonight guys. A draw is fine, a win even better.

Hart
Zabaleta
Nastasic
Lescott
Kolarov
Yaya
Fernandinho
Milner
Navas
Jovetic
Dzeko

So it seems our two pre-season friendlies at the swamp in Hong Kong will have a meaning afterall. It can hardly be as bad as it was over there.

We simply need to addapt play a bit, depending on the state of the surface. If you can't play the passing game, just don't do it or limit it. And what better than the likes of Milner to run riot on an "old English turf". I would even considder Zab at leftback and Richards at right back if it's about getting the players who fit the surface to start.

Than again, for CSKA it's not really their homepitch and they haven't played a lot on it as well.

Stop moaning and grind out a result which ever way possible. We don't need to amuse the Russian people over there, and our fans in Moscow will be having happy times when we take 3 points.

eversince 76 said:
So it seems our two pre-season friendlies at the swamp in Hong Kong will have a meaning afterall. It can hardly be as bad as it was over there.

We simply need to addapt play a bit, depending on the state of the surface. If you can't play the passing game, just don't do it or limit it. And what better than the likes of Milner to run riot on an "old English turf". I would even considder Zab at leftback and Richards at right back if it's about getting the players who fit the surface to start.

Than again, for CSKA it's not really their homepitch and they haven't played a lot on it as well.

Stop moaning and grind out a result which ever way possible. We don't need to amuse the Russian people over there, and our fans in Moscow will be having happy times when we take 3 points.
Eh? Unless I'm ill informed, the Arena Khimki is CSKA's home stadium and has been for years until their new stadium is built.

Jumanji said:
eversince 76 said:

Eh? Unless I'm ill informed, the Arena Khimki is CSKA's home stadium and has been for years until their new stadium is built.

The Arena Khimki is a football stadium in Khimki, Moscow Region, Russia. The stadium holds 18 636 spectators and was opened in 2008 to become the home stadium of FC Khimki. Since 2009 Dynamo Moscow has also been playing at the Arena Khimki, as their home Dynamo Stadium has been undergoing reconstruction. When FC Khimki were relegated from the Russian Premier League, they left the Arena to Rodina Stadium, and CSKA moved to the Arena Khimki from the Luzhniki.

You're right, but to me it 'sound' as much like a home stadium as Coventry's current one.
I was also referring to quite a few "home"-games being played on other pitches, like the one vs Pilzen at Zenits' ground. It'll bother them as much as us.

eversince 76 said:
You're right, but to me it 'sound' as much like a home stadium as Coventry's current one.
I was also referring to quite a few "home"-games being played on other pitches, like the one vs Pilzen at Zenits' ground. It'll bother them as much as us.

It's a bit more like home than Northampton is for Coventry that because it's not in a city 30 miles away (though the town of Khimki does fall outside the Moscow city boundary, like Old Trafford with Manchester). Khimki's not too far from the part of Moscow where CSKA's traditional home ground is located (their new one will be on that site) and Luzhniki was far too big for the crowds they got for most fixtures, so given that neighbouring Dinamo's ground is also out of action, Khimki isn't a bad replacement for those 2 clubs to share. The only drawback is that the metro stops before Khimki so it's a bit of a pain in the arse to get to.

Is tonight's game still to be played?

Read rumours yesterday that it was to be called off.

Sorry if I'm a bit late on this.

mcfc2607 said:
Stoned Rose said:
I expect fernandinho, with his knowledge of this league, will be well up for this one.

Man of the match tonight.
He played in ukraine mate but i bet its very similar.

GuyInGreenWithHugeFish.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.