CSKA Post Match Thread

BigJoe#1 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
I think he needs to develop a bit more pragmatism at times.
Absolutely. The essential outcome tonight was to get 3 points. Nothing more, nothing less, even it that meant winning a bit ugly. I was a bit surprised that he didn't change things at half time, with us being 2-0 up. Take off Dzeko or Aguero, bring on Clichy and push Kolarov into midfield then get Milner to sit in front of Zabaleta. Take Toure off and bring Fernandinho on, pushing Silva up behind the striker. Then we've got two banks of 4 who can all defend, but with options (in Milner, Kolarov and 'Dinho) to go forward if we get a good chance.

But we did exactly what we laughed at Liverpool for doing at Palace last season and chased the game when we really needed to control it and hang onto what we had. I'm absolutely furious with Pellegrini and I hope Txiki kicks his arse all the way back home for that.

Good suggestion there PB, on all counts, substitutions, tactics and arse kicking!
And if we can see it, why the fuck can't the man who's paid £3.5m a year see it?

BlueTaylor91 said:
What is wrong with everyone in here!!!

We will qualify!

Bayern beat Roma
We beat Moscow.

We will beat Roma away

The thing is though mate, even if we do qualify we'll be against the leaders of another group. And I'm afraid I didn't see anything in that performance that suggests to me we can last it. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see anything beyond more heart-break for us.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong!

BlueTaylor91 said:
What is wrong with everyone in here!!!

We will qualify!

Bayern beat Roma
We beat Moscow.

We will beat Roma away
Your naive if you think that .
Pellergrini not learning from his mistakes .
We have lost the battle in midfield in all three champions league matches .

With Roma losing 5-0 at home, we are still very much in it for qualifying. We need Bayern to smash everyone and for us to beat Roma and CSKA, and hopefully pull out a draw against Bayern. That'd put us on 9 points (or 8 if we lose at home to Bayern) and leave Roma with a maximum of 7 by my calculations (assuming they beat CSKA). I think that's possible. In addition to this, if Bayern keep scoring, Roma will have a worse GD something we can use to our benefit. Don't get me wrong - tonight was bollacks, both players and manager have questions to answer (although Pellers looked livid, which suggests it was more the players fault for not following orders?) - but we're not out of it yet.

is it just a mentality issue?

i remember when used to watch Champions League games on the telly with the likes of Arseholes, Scum, Chelski and the Slip Ups played their games and remembered how they play the games like each game was their last. When they were losing, they'd still play till the last second with hope.

I never see that with City. Every season i see like we have decided what we can get before a ball is kicked. Like we analysed the draw, thought, Bayern: if we get anything its a bonus home or away, Roma: Should win at home and maybe draw away, CSKA: a chance to win both games. We never approach the games like "we have to win", its more "if we draw, its ok and we'll rely on the next game" ..... when the next game cannot be predicted.

I'm not saying get rid of Pellers, but i know he sometimes goes into games with a mindset that "a draw is ok for the opposition we are playing" instead of "lets go out there and get the max we can when we have the opportunity". Maybe that's the wrong mentality when playing in europe?

Rodney said:
mad zab said:
shemnel said:
bayern's got 5 by the way

It won't matter if they score Ten!!

The fact is that we will struggle to win in Rome and the head to head counts

BTW Roma beat Moscow 6-1

What does thta say about us?

I am tired of this little fucking club mentality many of our supporters have

It is time we held players and the manager to account!

err, how exactly?

By making it clear that this performance is unacceptable!!

The trouble with us is we are too loyal to managers

We are grateful for them leading us to win trophies....but should be asking should they have done it more easily

Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Anybody want to challenge my belief from a few weeks ago that Pellegrini has taken us as far as he can?
I think he needs to develop a bit more pragmatism at times.
Absolutely. The essential outcome tonight was to get 3 points. Nothing more, nothing less, even it that meant winning a bit ugly. I was a bit surprised that he didn't change things at half time, with us being 2-0 up. Take off Dzeko or Aguero, bring on Clichy and push Kolarov into midfield then get Milner to sit in front of Zabaleta. Take Toure off and bring Fernandinho on, pushing Silva up behind the striker. Then we've got two banks of 4 who can all defend, but with options (in Milner, Kolarov and 'Dinho) to go forward if we get a good chance.

But we did exactly what we laughed at Liverpool for doing at Palace last season and chased the game when we really needed to control it and hang onto what we had. I'm absolutely furious with Pellegrini and I hope Txiki kicks his arse all the way back home for that.

This

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.