D-Day - Student Protests in London, 09/12/10

dannybcity said:
IFeedGoats said:
I'm not trying to change your view here as you obviously feel that what has gone on is OK and they should be aloud to get on with it, if I'm am incorrect then I would love to hear you solution on how they should be treated.

Of course I don't think what went on was OK but the police aren't there to hand our violent retribution, their job is to prevent violence not cause the escalation of it. If you go around hearding people into small space and tell them they can not leave then you are bound to cause problems, you turn a disgruntled minority intent on violence into a majority by throwing your weight around and pissing people off. I don't remember people being to impressed with the police keeping us in at Old Trafford last season. Imagine what would have happened if they had charged us with horses. The police need to look at themselves with regard to policing these events because I honestly feel their tactics aren't helping.

I agree, that's why I suggested the water cannon.

without a dream said:
The 'I'm alright fuck the rest' attitude in this thread is staggering.

This. Fucking heartless pigs. Imagine if a university-educated doctor said "fuck all you cunts who supported those who left me with a lifetime of debt, you'll be getting no help from me. Fuck the rest". I think the world would be a better place.

Anyway, I posted this last night, and will do so again until people realise the situation:

This really is incredible. Even more incredible is the fact that I have to spell it out for some.

A party posing as 'liberal' presents a manifesto which states explicitly that, should they get into power, tuition fees would be abolished. Fastforward a few months, the said party is in power, and not only do they support, they propose a policy which is diametrically opposed to the one on their manifesto which got them elected.

The proposal put forward seeks to increase tuition fees to such a point where there will be many young, intelligent people - who are potentially vital to our future society - deterred from becoming educated by an enormous, lifetime cloud of debt. That's not even mentioning that certain factors of this policy will ultimately lead to the privatisation of higher education where only the rich are entitled to go to the best universities and take the best degrees.

Put in basic terms, the state are using students as a scapegoat for the foibles of capitalism by charging them more than the natural and actual cost of a degree.

So, moving forward to 6:00pm, proposals which are nothing less than political warfare on those who strive to have greater inteligence have been implemented in an outrageous obfuscation of democracy. The people, who realise that every single member of the electorate has been cheated, are very, very unhappy. Fuelling this unhappiness is the fact that unelected, above-the-law, tooled-up men cage them up like animals in complete contravention of Article 5 of the European Convention on Human Rights. What do the people do? What can the people do? They cannot go the toilet. They cannot get water. They cannot get food. They cannot even vote for a party who will stick by their manifesto.

So the people riot.

They riot because they have witnessed a fascist, oligarchic coup d'etat which affects every single member of society - even you.

Yet you sit at home, slagging them off, and pick up on a few idiots who decide to desecrate statues of Churchill and the War Dead to strengthen your argument on emotive grounds. But you forget that the only reason these men are venerated is because of their violent stance on fascism - d'ya see where I'm going with this?

So, next time, think about what you write, and ask yourselves, am I up to discussing such a subject without making myself look like a grade-A c,unt?

Until then, I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Edit: By the way Bluesmarties, I fully support your work.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auzfTPp4moA[/youtube]

IFeedGoats said:
dannybcity said:
Of course I don't think what went on was OK but the police aren't there to hand our violent retribution, their job is to prevent violence not cause the escalation of it. If you go around hearding people into small space and tell them they can not leave then you are bound to cause problems, you turn a disgruntled minority intent on violence into a majority by throwing your weight around and pissing people off. I don't remember people being to impressed with the police keeping us in at Old Trafford last season. Imagine what would have happened if they had charged us with horses. The police need to look at themselves with regard to policing these events because I honestly feel their tactics aren't helping.

I agree, that's why I suggested the water cannon.

Which would of course make matters worse.

southern muppet said:
The occasional violent protest is better than a passive population. The former is a small price to pay for avoiding the latter. Just consider the damages incurred to a kind of 'tax' that pays for politicians not feeling enabled to totally ride roughshod over the public will (and next time it might be over an issue that effects you, after all)

It's a worthwhile expense, just like paying our council tax to fund schools and hospitals. It's just more abstract.

A certain degree of militant/borderline violent dissent is probably beneficial to the functioning of society and facilitates a freer society. Britain has become too passive and apathetic in the past couple of decades, and the political class has taken full advantage. Can anyone really not see that?

Yep. That's exactly where I'm at as well.

In some people's world everything is taken with a shrug of the shoulders and a "Ah well. Shit happens" but this just leads to the people in power taking the piss more and more and more.

As I stated in my first post on this thread, it's only when there is widespread disorder that things start to happen. Yesterday was too late to effect the vote but that won't be the end of it and nor should it be.

The students will soon be joined by the Local Government workers and I suppose the same people on here will be tut tutting and making noises about "Lazy bastards, lucky to have had a job in the first place etc etc" when that does happen.

I'm alright by the way, and fingers crossed I will continue to be alright, but that doesn't mean I can't take an objective view of it all. Desperate people take desperate action.

nashark said:
This. Fcking heartless pigs. Imagine if a university-educated doctor said "fck all you cnts who supported those who left me with a lifetime of debt, you'll be getting no help from me. Fck the rest". I think the world would be a better place.

Anyway, I posted this last night, and will do so again until people realise the situation:

This really is incredible. Even more incredible is the fact that I have to spell it out for some.

A party posing as 'liberal' presents a manifesto which states explicitly that, should they get into power, tuition fees would be abolished. Fastforward a few months, the said party is in power, and not only do they support, they propose a policy which is diametrically opposed to the one on their manifesto which got them elected.

If a doctor had that attitude he wouldnt have a job for long. And he wouldnt pay anyhting back either as he wouldnt be earning.

The party you refer to as being in power - the reality is they arent by any means.

And this lifetime of debt - it isnt really a debt is it. It is an deduction in your wages in proportion to what you earn. No one will ever turn round and say give me £27k now. No it will be taken as and when you are earning enough and will be more than affordable given the propertion you pay back. It will not show in your bank account as a minus. It will not affect you ability to get a mortgage. It should not be considered a debt as such because you will never have to find that money.

But merry christmas to you too.

nashark said:
without a dream said:
The 'I'm alright fuck the rest' attitude in this thread is staggering.

This. Fucking heartless pigs. Imagine if a university-educated doctor said "fuck all you ***** who supported those who left me with a lifetime of debt, you'll be getting no help from me. Fuck the rest". I think the world would be a better place.

The proposal put forward seeks to increase tuition fees to such a point where there will be many young, intelligent people - who are potentially vital to our future society - deterred from becoming educated by an enormous, lifetime cloud of debt. That's not even mentioning that certain factors of this policy will ultimately lead to the privatisation of higher education where only the rich are entitled to go to the best universities and take the best degrees.

Put in basic terms, the state are using students as a scapegoat for the foibles of capitalism by charging them more than the natural and actual cost of a degree.

So, moving forward to 6:00pm, proposals which are nothing less than political warfare on those who strive to have greater inteligence have been implemented in an outrageous obfuscation of democracy. The people, who realise that every single member of the electorate has been cheated, are very, very unhappy. Fuelling this unhappiness is the fact that unelected, above-the-law, tooled-up men cage them up like animals in complete contravention of Article 5 of the European Convention on Human Rights. What do the people do? What can the people do? They cannot go the toilet. They cannot get water. They cannot get food. They cannot even vote for a party who will stick by their manifesto.

So the people riot.

They riot because they have witnessed a fascist, oligarchic coup d'etat which affects every single member of society - even you.

Yet you sit at home, slagging them off, and pick up on a few idiots who decide to desecrate statues of Churchill and the War Dead to strengthen your argument on emotive grounds. But you forget that the only reason these men are venerated is because of their violent stance on fascism - d'ya see where I'm going with this?

So, next time, think about what you write, and ask yourselves, am I up to discussing such a subject without making myself look like a grade-A c,unt?

Edit: By the way Bluesmarties, I fully support your work.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auzfTPp4moA[/youtube]

Great post...i applaud you

johnmc said:
nashark said:
This. Fcking heartless pigs. Imagine if a university-educated doctor said "fck all you cnts who supported those who left me with a lifetime of debt, you'll be getting no help from me. Fck the rest". I think the world would be a better place.

If a doctor had that attitude he wouldnt have a job for long. And he wouldnt pay anyhting back either as he wouldnt be earning.

The party you refer to as being in power - the reality is they arent by any means.

And this lifetime of debt - it isnt really a debt is it. It is an deduction in your wages in proportion to what you earn. No one will ever turn round and say give me £27k now. No it will be taken as and when you are earning enough and will be more than affordable given the propertion you pay back. It will not show in your bank account as a minus. It will not affect you ability to get a mortgage. It should not be considered a debt as such because you will never have to find that money.

But merry christmas to you too.

They will owe money for the rest of their lives. Stop trying to spin this, it's debt.

johnmc said:
m27 said:
They will owe money for the rest of their lives. Stop trying to spin this, it's debt.

Not necessarily. Stop trying to spin it yourself.

Their fees are paid for them and they will either have to pay it back over a long period of time or their debt will be with them all their lives.

Have I forgot to cover anything there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.