Daily Express: Mancini to have contract extended

samharris said:
If I'd seen Mourinho maybe at one club for 5 to 6 years to guage his continuing success with said club then fair dos..he doesnt stay long enough at any one club..If he came he'd stay 2 years or so.

Quick fix is all then back to square 1.

Something I posted a while back about the point you're making:

Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea - that's a fact.

The Moratti/Inter situation is a little more complex. But Moratti was never prepared to spend to rebuild that team. He has been consistently talking about cutting costs due to FFP pretty much since Mou left. I'd love to know what his net spend at Inter was, but I imagine the Ibra deal plus his compensation from Madrid helped balance the books. It is also fair to say that with a backdrop of cost cutting there are few managers who would turn down Real Madrid and for Mou in particular the chance to topple a club who had become his nemesis.

One thing seemingly not being taken into account, is just how difficult his situations at Chelsea and Inter were. At Chelsea he had a megalomaniac owner imposing players upon him, and was ultimately sacked for standing up to him, and in Italy they simply didn't like him. Hell we've got a purported Inter Milan supporter on this forum who openly despises Mourinho. I don't think you'll find many Chelsea/Porto supporters mirroring those feelings.

The convoluted point I'm making is leaving after a two or three years isn't necessarily a default setting for him but a consequence of many different sets of circumstances. To suggest that it's a credible reason to not employ him therefore doesn't bare scrutiny IMO.

Andouble said:
samharris said:
If I'd seen Mourinho maybe at one club for 5 to 6 years to guage his continuing success with said club then fair dos..he doesnt stay long enough at any one club..If he came he'd stay 2 years or so.

so you'd pass on 2-4 years of the closest thing to guaranteed success because of potential uncertainty afterwards?

How odd.
Yes.

Great news. Hopefully shut up the Mourinho lot who dont care about stability and want it all NOW!!!

why do people keep saying Mourinho would leave us after 3 years? he has constantly stated that he wants to stay in his next job and create a legacy in England

Jumanji said:
Andouble said:
samharris said:

so you'd pass on 2-4 years of the closest thing to guaranteed success because of potential uncertainty afterwards?

How odd.
Yes.

weird.

Mourinho leaving his teams in turmoil is a myth, too.

Year after he left Porto they still got to the last 16 of the CL.
Year he left Chelsea they got within a penalty of winning the CL.
Year after he left Inter they still finished 2nd and got to the final 8 of CL after knocking out previous runner-ups Bayern.

Mourinho has conquered the top European leagues once his Real Madrid beat out the greatest club side ever seen to win La Liga this year, so his next job will be a legacy job where he stays for a long time if he doesn't get sacked. All that's left for him other than that is a national team and I doubt it's high on his priority list. This is why I hope Mourinho stays one more year at Real so we can see if Mancini does what we all hope this time next year, but if not the Mourinho option is still there.

Andouble said:
samharris said:

How odd.

we are only 7 games away from guaranteed success right now..ok we need a bit of luck but we are second with slim chance of being caught.

Forzacitizens said:
why do people keep saying Mourinho would leave us after 3 years? he has constantly stated that he wants to stay in his next job and create a legacy in England

Because it's the best they can do to try to discredit him. Very flimsy.

Good. There should be a clause though that states we have to win the league next season or it will evoke a clause that we can dismiss him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.