Daily Express: Mancini to have contract extended

sergiokun said:
Comrade Buka said:
fathellensbellend said:
why when faced with the same problem for the last few months away from home persist with the same tactics, showing no inclination to revert to what appears to be a non existent plan b.

This and this only. How is it that so few see this?

I liked Mancini when he was in Inter. I was happy to see him come here. But he has been found out and he has NO answer.

He got found out at inter didn't he? 3 titles in 4 years and how long was it lads since inter won a title until bobby came in? He's proven he can win titles and cups so saying he's bin found out is laughable mate

why not just get behind him because he will bring many titles and cups. He's not proven in the champions leauge but are we? He's young all learning and the best thing for mcfc is he stays

One word for this argument: Calciopoli !

FantasyIreland said:
City Raider said:
yep, if he keeps improving the team and we keep improving our points total, the trophies are automatic

Has he improved the team adequately?i know he's brought in players who were no brainer signings - Yaya,Nasri,Aguero,Silva etc but he hasn't unearthed any gems and he has also built a squad that is unbalanced and without depth of quality.

Are you not disappointed that no silverware will be arriving this summer? I believe one trophy should have been the minimum,that may sound arrogant but,realistically,that is the park we are now playing in.....

Of course I'll be disappointed but for me, the only test of whether he has improved the team adequately is - do we have more points?

Plot our rise on a graph and it would be sheer madness to ditch him, and only one season after he delivered our first silverware in over 30 years and got rid of that bloody banner.

It's so easy to shout his name when we were points clear and coasting along, yet now when he really needs our support some turn on him like he's Alan Ball. Sorry but I think that's pretty pathetic.

santasa said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
samharris said:
Stable ships dont capsize..
Unless they have shit Italian captains....

You mean like this guy ?
(I am holding my breath, expecting waves of frontal attacks)

555624_3669912906846_1245546534_33628200_418973702_n.jpg
It's easier to hold it underwater. Give it a go.

Just a personal opinion like, but I reckon if it wasn't a shite (on paper) Rags team looking like pipping us to the trophy there would be significantly more of you in the pro Mancini camp. Say if AVB's Chelsea had swept all before them this season, I think we'd be much more inclined to see a hopefully massively improved points total again in a positive light and stick with Mancini.

Personally, I think if he finishes on a points total which would have been sufficient to win the Premiership most seasons then the board will allow him to stay. You can't really punish him for being up against arguably the greatest manager in footballing history.

My main wish for next season is simply that he tweaks the system by bringing in Hazard and a young deep-lying, strong, defensive playmaker (Javi Martinez) and doesn't ditch the footballing philosphy which has got us so far. I still prefer the football we play to most teams in the league and as someone who goes to a lot of games this also has to factor alongside results as a positive.

Although I don't really like Mancini's tactics, if he stays stability will be reached and that's something we haven't had in a long while. That being said Mancini will need to keep improving, if he wants to stay long term.

I believe he'll buy wingers in the summer, hopefully.
He needs to work on his man-management skills though.
Be able to get players fired up before/during a game.
Make Balo grow up and make him to stop acting childish.

Personally I would've like Mourinho to come, but that looks like to be a fairy tale now. I'll be backing Mancini all the way! And if he still manages to win the title even better!

Forza Mancini.

I am a LFC fan and I come in peace!

I really want you to win the title this season as for obvious reasons I don't want United to do so.

But I think you should all remember that the grass isn't always greener and getting rid of Mancini for a new manager to come and bring in his own players and staff might not be the answer. I have warmed to Mancini, he is my favourite non LFC manager, along with Martinez who I also like his dignified, tough but fair style.

I am of the opinion stability helps clubs and the most successful teams have this stability. United could have sacked Ferguson before he won the first title at United, they had faith in him and he has certainly repaid this faith!

I had doubts about Mancini and thought he might be too defensive, but this season I don't think City have been defensive at all. They have usually dominated possession in games, probed the opposition defenses and in my opinion have been the best side in the country, despite what the league table shows.

Ferguson is the master and it was the same in 2008/9 when I thought Liverpool might win the title and we had a great team with Reina, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Torres etc. But United still won the title that season and they do it by not winning the big games, but they just beat the weaker sides in the title.

But back to Mancini, I have been impressed with the way he handles himself, he seems tough but fair in terms of relationship with the players. I also think he has come across really dignified with the press and I think this is important as he represents your club.

You can sell your soul and go with Mourinho and yes he probably will win you the title. But then again he will probably jump ship to another project given the chance, just like he did with Porto, Chelsea, Inter and now Real. He isn't the type of guy who will show you loyalty and build you a dynasty and he will use you just to get another notch on his CV. If you only care about winning the title and short term view, then sure go with Mourinho.

But if you consider loyalty, dignity, values etc then I don't know why you would want to swap Mancini for Mourinho. I have been impressed with Mancini and yes you haven't won a trophy this season, but think of where you were a few seasons ago. Don't go all spoilt and think you have a right to win the league, when no one does. You should be grateful where you are, as a LFC fan I would love to be in a title challenge this season and we spent £100+ million on dross like Downing, Henderson, Carroll, Adam etc. A £100 million that was meant to enhance Suarez, Gerrard, Reina, Skrtel, Lucas and a very good spine. I think this shows that youcan have all the money, but you still have to spend it right and Mancini has, as he could have bought Carroll, but got Aguero. He could have got Downing, but got Silva etc.

As I said the grass is always greener and although you are disappointed you might not win the title, please don't forget the good work Mancini has done and short term answers might not always be the right thing for the long term future of the club.

If I was a City fan I would defiately stick with Mancini personally, but as we know football fans aren't patient now days and can act like spoilt brats and want everything NOW! Luckily for Ferguson they weren't quite as impatient when he first took the united job or god knows where he'd be now.

Not many teams win the league without challenging the season before. Blackburn didn't, Leeds didn't, Chelsea didn't - you don't go from 4th to first for example. You have had your challenge this season, you need a couple of tweaks and then I am sure you will win it next season.

Man Cini said:
I am a LFC fan and I come in peace!

I really want you to win the title this season as for obvious reasons I don't want United to do so.

But I think you should all remember that the grass isn't always greener and getting rid of Mancini for a new manager to come and bring in his own players and staff might not be the answer. I have warmed to Mancini, he is my favourite non LFC manager, along with Martinez who I also like his dignified, tough but fair style.

I am of the opinion stability helps clubs and the most successful teams have this stability. United could have sacked Ferguson before he won the first title at United, they had faith in him and he has certainly repaid this faith!

I had doubts about Mancini and thought he might be too defensive, but this season I don't think City have been defensive at all. They have usually dominated possession in games, probed the opposition defenses and in my opinion have been the best side in the country, despite what the league table shows.

Ferguson is the master and it was the same in 2008/9 when I thought Liverpool might win the title and we had a great team with Reina, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Torres etc. But United still won the title that season and they do it by not winning the big games, but they just beat the weaker sides in the title.

But back to Mancini, I have been impressed with the way he handles himself, he seems tough but fair in terms of relationship with the players. I also think he has come across really dignified with the press and I think this is important as he represents your club.

You can sell your soul and go with Mourinho and yes he probably will win you the title. But then again he will probably jump ship to another project given the chance, just like he did with Porto, Chelsea, Inter and now Real. He isn't the type of guy who will show you loyalty and build you a dynasty and he will use you just to get another notch on his CV. If you only care about winning the title and short term view, then sure go with Mourinho.

But if you consider loyalty, dignity, values etc then I don't know why you would want to swap Mancini for Mourinho. I have been impressed with Mancini and yes you haven't won a trophy this season, but think of where you were a few seasons ago. Don't go all spoilt and think you have a right to win the league, when no one does. You should be grateful where you are, as a LFC fan I would love to be in a title challenge this season and we spent £100+ million on dross like Downing, Henderson, Carroll, Adam etc. A £100 million that was meant to enhance Suarez, Gerrard, Reina, Skrtel, Lucas and a very good spine. I think this shows that youcan have all the money, but you still have to spend it right and Mancini has, as he could have bought Carroll, but got Aguero. He could have got Downing, but got Silva etc.

As I said the grass is always greener and although you are disappointed you might not win the title, please don't forget the good work Mancini has done and short term answers might not always be the right thing for the long term future of the club.

If I was a City fan I would defiately stick with Mancini personally, but as we know football fans aren't patient now days and can act like spoilt brats and want everything NOW! Luckily for Ferguson they weren't quite as impatient when he first took the united job or god knows where he'd be now.

Not many teams win the league without challenging the season before. Blackburn didn't, Leeds didn't, Chelsea didn't - you don't go from 4th to first for example. You have had your challenge this season, you need a couple of tweaks and then I am sure you will win it next season.
welcome to BM mate, brilliant first post....well said

In my opinion Mancini was let down in January. We were 5 points clear and he asked to strengthen the squad for the final push and was refused the funds. Had we of brought in more strength in depth in January when Mancini asked for the funds we would still be top and would have the won before the rags visit in April.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.